Looking for a decent Gaming Headset.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Need one badly after my £30 headsets have busted up due to bad wiring in the volume control.

Price < £50 (Includes P&P really)
Must have warranty because headsets I buy always seem to break.

Don't buy this BS guys! Buy logitech headsets for 10€!
image201109020008.jpg

/thread

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
headset, headphones or earphones? What's the difference?

Earphones: Normally smaller and more portable, these go with ipods and like.
Headphones: Over-the-ear speakers.
Headset: Headphones with essentially a microphone attached to them, used for gaming.

Now please tell me you were joking?

wouldnt it be better to get cheap ones then :p (cheap nearly always last longer than you expect to 1.99 inline earphones i bought in when i was in yr 11...8 yrs ago..and i still have them and use them)

Well, I have done that before, and those broke as well! I'd like something much more comfortable as well.

Propkid

Again??? :D
Seriously, save up ~£15 more and buy one headset that will last for years. You will actually save money since you won't but any more headsets -.-
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-HS...3HOO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319648414&sr=8-1

Great for gaming and music, detachable mic, comfortable, custom audio settings, don't break easily, USB, noise cancelling mic (we won't hear your mum anymore while playing a PUG) and moar.
This isn't the newest model or anything so you should be able to find a store that sells them for ~£65 if you care to search (I bought mine for 70euros, and I live in Finland so that's a sick deal imo). I don't remember how long does the warranty last for but it's at least a year and a half (2 or 3 years).
If you break your headphones by riding over the cable with your chair's wheels then this model has a ++thick cable just for that. The headset has an actual metal core so you can throw it around and it won't really break. It's light and fits even my huge head.

And stop being a cheapass froob.

Propkid

>I say stop being a cheapass froob
>MightySheep posts a cheapass froob headset...

One day I'm seriously going to make a legions video in which i repeatedly *dance* MightySheep's ass over and over again with different weapons and in different ways.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
One day I'm seriously going to make a legions video in which i repeatedly *dance* MightySheep's ass over and over again with different weapons and in different ways.

I suddenly like you much more.

I was actually looking at these, they look pretty good. Sadly though, I'd want those 3.5 mm jacks, and those variants actually cost £5 more.

What's the sound quality like?

Heartsong

What's the sound quality like?

I'm not an audiophile, so I can't really judge that in depth. I've never had any issues with them, though.
They do have some durability issues, they generally last about a year and a half to two years for me, I'm on pair 3.
Also, apparently they're uncomfortable to get used to. I don't remember that since I got my first pair about 5 years ago.

MightySheep

>I say stop being a cheapass froob
>MightySheep posts a cheapass froob headset...

yeah ! spend all your money on shitty ass brand name headsets !

My brother was also this stoopid , he got me some £60 turtle beach headset once because of all the hype around them and ppl like u

they turned out to be total wank, they really were just ugly, uncomfortable, bad quality and annoying (the wire was like 1000 meters long lol)

my fatality ones though,, even visually you can see its good for aesthetics and comfort and then once you buy you will discover how good the quality/durability is

and wat more do u want from a headset really

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Bro just gotta get some Klipsch headphones, no idea the actual price, mine were $15 excl. shipping and they work like a charm! They are big clunkers that eat your ear though. Just a heads up