Longest MA since the return of Legions

Esuke-L

637m on Moonshine, To be honest I was watchin' Heavy for a lil bit to see when he popped up out of the tower & timed it like that, dude kept Lazering everyone.

Pic for proof..
MidAir_Rocket_39.png
Okay my pic isn't loading =( I feel like deleteing this post now..

"The following error occurred

MidAir_Rocket_39.jpg - The contents of the uploaded image do not match the file's extension."

Explain? It's a jpg file, jpg extension..*confusion ensues*

Changed to .png & this saga ends with a 'booyah' & a MAshot is a great script =)

Hmm..kinda off-topic but..this hurt me..
Okay changed to .png & this saga ends with a 'booyah' & a MAshot is a great script =)

Okay I still really like the script...but..this is an example of a problem it can make..

MidAir_Rocket_37 - Copy.jpg

Can't see em but there's another person from the other team JUST under =.= (as in also in the air).. this MA (which was a mistake on my part, shoulda just shot the flag) caused the usual pause in play and gave the other person enough time to return the flag.. =( needed this to be shared.

This was a cautionary tale in mostly picture form about the dangers of ma abuse, brought to you by Esuke-L

phanakapan

Private Tester
i only got one over 500 that killed a capper the whole time i was frapsing for my movie (a little over a month). I seem to get plenty of nonkills over 500 and spammy shots on players at the other base, but those don't really impress too much in a video. I had an absolute beauty on zahadoom that was a little over 800m on gorge right before he capped but it only got him to 3%. pissed me off so badly.

Disci

Old man
i only got one over 500 that killed a capper the whole time i was frapsing for my movie (a little over a month). I seem to get plenty of nonkills over 500 and spammy shots on players at the other base, but those don't really impress too much in a video. I had an absolute beauty on zahadoom that was a little over 800m on gorge right before he capped but it only got him to 3%. pissed me off so badly.

I think that'd be enough to get in a vid, don't you think? I mean you probably prevented him from capping the flag complitely right away and bought time for your team to return your/grab their flag.

Armageddon

Teapot

Im wondering if distance has something to do on the effect of a hit, anything over 300m seems to not kill for me anyhow, But close range i seem to kill raiders with one hit from an MA. The 684 meter hit was on Ucan and he was atleast 30% health when i hit him, but he still moved on.

Mable?

Abandoned

The distance only affects laser rifles. The damage taken from a distance by a rocketlauncher should remain the same.

(Not 100% sure)

phanakapan

Private Tester
I think that'd be enough to get in a vid, don't you think? I mean you probably prevented him from capping the flag complitely right away and bought time for your team to return your/grab their flag.
It might be alright in a video, but I try to have pretty strict guidelines for what I include. The very first one my "rules" is it must be a kill. I feel like random long MAs that don't kill just happen too often to really warrant inclusion (i know i get a few a week), but only including kills makes the long shots that are included seem that much more rare and impressive.

The second rule i try to follow is only capper kills (unless its a series of MAs or interesting shots that would warrant inclusion based solely on the increasingly rare odds of multiple MAs or kills in a row). I feel like dueling footage really isnt that entertaining unless its pretty profound and like 4 or more MAs in a row, and MAs on non cappers are most often somewhat more random in nature or are on people who arent actively trying to avoid the shots. cappers are both actively trying to avoid shots (or should be) and are moving at speed, making prediction more difficult and the shots overall are more impressive to me as a result.

otherwise, i try to include shots that also show up well on video, excluding things where i looked away and the MA hit out of view, or where i got killed or damaged as it hits making it difficult to tell what happened. also, with some exceptions, i try to focus on shots that are single shots vs spamming multiple rockets or nades and having one hit randomly. after that it comes down mostly to distance, speed, angle, etc.

flag footage is honestly the hardest thing for me. so much random stuff happens with the flag that at first seems impressive, but is pretty clearly either completely luck, clearly setup, or common enough to not hold up to multiple viewings. I do think some of the overdrive grabs ive seen are impressive, but most of the giant flag tossing footage between people clearly on ts3 or vent who have done it a hundred times doesnt do it for me. the absolute hardest part about flag stuff though is the fact that it really doesnt translate well to video. doing something live in the context of the game can be really impressive, but not show up at all in a fraps.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
I was chasing strategist on zenith and he ran to the back hill with my flag. I was trying to cut him off he but managed to get a good distance away, so before he could touch ground again this rocket put him out of comission:p

MA_314.jpg

KooLBeanS

THis was legit No lies... to bad i didnt have a clip of it i just randomly fired and got a mid air :confused:
wtf.png

Vox

well today i was playing SaH in a PUG and Contingency had the flag and he was heading to the right of alpha and i kinda spammed some rockets and got a 300+ meter rl MA