Less FPS....

Pure4Pwnge

Recently, I've been getting 50 frames less when i've been playing compared to like 2 weeks ago....I don't know why and it's been happening in the last week or so...anything about this Mabel?
and...
WTF-1.png

Why? :confused:

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Unfortunately, Legions isn't very well optimized. But nothing's changed recently to cause the shift you're talking about.

Pure4Pwnge

=/....Legions is the only thing that is capable of taking up 30% of my quad core ATM..No idea why. Usually it's like a few seconds of smoothness, then a few seconds of laggyness, then it goes on and on. Starts to become unplayable lag sometimes.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
=/....Legions is the only thing that is capable of taking up 30% of my quad core ATM..No idea why.

Part of it is because it can only run on a single core; there's no support in this version of Torque for multiple cores. Part of it is because Torque is so hellishly inefficient that it takes that much system power to pump out the meager visuals you see. And part of it is because the dev team is evil.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhem.

Part of it is because it can only run on a single core; there's no support in this version of Torque for multiple cores.

I have a quad core and it runs fine.

Pure, have you added in a mod recently? From past experience in other games I have found that if you begin to use too many mods/etc. when the game goes to run with those mods, it sucks alot more of the CPU Usage.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I have a quad core and it runs fine.

Pure, have you added in a mod recently? From past experience in other games I have found that if you begin to use too many mods/etc. when the game goes to run with those mods, it sucks alot more of the CPU Usage.

Daphini's not saying that it won't run on a quad core, just that multi-cores will not improve Legions performance.

As for troubleshooting the issue, any recent computer changes? New programs/updates, etc?

Well it seems Im not the only one with performance issues, I used to play legions on a 2007 macbook pro and now Im having issues trying to play it on an i7 with a 5870 gpu wtf?

I was told about the performance improvements brought by not being in a browser, seems like the opposite to me.

I still get screen pauses which are often followed by crashes with legions :(

Pure4Pwnge

Er..I have most of Rockey's scripts in and I just added in UltraRaptors visual mods yesterday. Also, no viruses or anything from anything I recently downloaded >.>...I just did an entire computer scan.

Mabeline

God-Tier
Part of it is because Torque is so hellishly inefficient that it takes that much system power to pump out the meager visuals you see.

Not really. Most games are designed to just spin as hard as they can on visuals. While most applications try to give time to the operating system games just try to render as many frames as possible. Since rendering takes up CPU time, the game will use 100% of whatever core it can schedule tasks on.

The game's binary hasn't changed in ages, so any change is purely your system.

And @ ovo, I've mentioned countless times to you that if you are ever getting bluescreens that's a red flag that you are having driver problems. You should pursue that, because the game is almost certainly not your problem.

Pure4Pwnge

So nothing for me Mabe? Guess I'll have to cope with it until something pops up. Also, the lag becomes more noticeable on both Gorge and Nivo. Not so much on the other maps.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
So nothing for me Mabe? Guess I'll have to cope with it until something pops up. Also, the lag becomes more noticeable on both Gorge and Nivo. Not so much on the other maps.

The game's binary hasn't changed in ages, so any change is purely your system..

You could also try reinstalling a fresh copy of Legions (without all of the scripts and mods) to rule out the add-ons giving you issue.

countless times? I will assume I wasnt being very observant.

Im not sure what to change driver wise, its the latest that is recommended and Its a clean install with nothing much else on it.

Are u suggesting I try an older driver for my 5870?

Mabeline

God-Tier
Im not sure what to change driver wise, its the latest that is recommended and Its a clean install with nothing much else on it.
If you are getting BSODs you almost certainly have a driver problem. See what the driver is during the crash, and start trying different versions of it.

this probably doesnt change your advise but I am not getting the classic 'BSOD' with the bright navy blue and dos text that I have seen before in XP, this is a pale blue screen with no text, then it just reboots the computer.

anyway, thanks for feedback.