Legions: Overdrive - Awoken

Neuchy

Worst video ever.
U just put all ur lucky shots in one vid. If at least there was a certain consistency in ur skill level.
But noooo u're just a noob.
That is all!

I kid. I loved it.
Nice trailer.
Add an epileptic warning at the beginning of ur vid though :p

A2

Hah nice one Neuchy ^^

And also nice stuff there Syn! But that...green part in the middle hurt mah ayes! But again, nice stuff. :D

Frosted

Probably from old days on IA. I'm never a fan of video games video that just show good shots it's kinda of always the same damn thing you record for a week then compile all the nice lucky MA you did.

Not pointed at OP in anyway just saying

Synista

Spectator mode = Just don't spawn on connect?

Correct.
Probably from old days on IA. I'm never a fan of video games video that just show good shots it's kinda of always the same damn thing you record for a week then compile all the nice lucky MA you did.

Not pointed at OP in anyway just saying

I made this all within 5 hours yesterday, it was my first time using a video editor (Sony Vegas); maybe one day you'll like a skill shot video :)

Here's my constructive criticism (please don't take this as me being rude).

Editing
As for the editing, keep it to a MINIMUM. People want to see gameplay, not flashly effects. Color effects are terrible. They are an eyesore and lower the quality of the film. Keep them out of montages. The text you throw at the viewer during gameplay is also not needed. It makes the film seem like it was made by a young child. The intro seemed like it was almost as long as the video. Keep the long intros to long videos. The only effects I recommend using in videos like these is slow and fast motion. Not these pre-made effects you see in most Legions videos (please stop using them MJ!).

Music
I like the "epic" music you used, but like the intro, "epic" music should be left to "epic" (or long) videos.

Gameplay
A lot of your shots are highly re-creatable and nothing special. But, that's okay. This was your first montage and made in a very small amount of time. But if you want to impress me, show me stuff I don't normally see. The one cap route was actually pretty good (the Zenith one) but show them it used game! Not in a vacant server. There are videos made to show people routes and there are videos made to show people online gameplay with other people. The Frostbyte route is pretty well known, though not used very often.

Good luck on your next montage!

MJ1284

Editing
As for the editing, keep it to a MINIMUM. People want to see gameplay, not flashly effects. Color effects are terrible. They are an eyesore and lower the quality of the film. Keep them out of montages. The text you throw at the viewer during gameplay is also not needed. It makes the film seem like it was made by a young child. The intro seemed like it was almost as long as the video. Keep the long intros to long videos. The only effects I recommend using in videos like these is slow and fast motion. Not these pre-made effects you see in most Legions videos (please stop using them MJ!).

I always try to use effects as subtle way to "amplify" musical notes and as way to underline shots that I personally liked worth "showing off" to others. If there's any specific effects you don't like then let me know, besides some of the flashy lights I don't find effects being too distracting but then again it might just be my personal oppinion.

Music
I like the "epic" music you used, but like the intro, "epic" music should be left to "epic" (or long) videos.

I'd say that it's better to try different type of songs every now and then instead of sticking to "what sells to masses", in long run your videos will end up looking exactly the same and they have no distinctive features that makes it stick out of the crowd.

Gameplay
A lot of your shots are highly re-creatable and nothing special. But, that's okay. This was your first montage and made in a very small amount of time. But if you want to impress me, show me stuff I don't normally see. The one cap route was actually pretty good (the Zenith one) but show them it used game! Not in a vacant server. There are videos made to show people routes and there are videos made to show people online gameplay with other people. The Frostbyte route is pretty well known, though not used very often.

For first montage it's alright to use shorter time span collecting shots and focus on getting familiar with editing software & general idea what you want to do with your footage. Figure out what type of approach suits you the best and focus on polishing that on later videos.

Bottom line: It's a decent start but I'm sure your next video will be considerably better. One thing I'd complain is the intro text that are out of contrast compared to video and the font is little too big, the idea ain't half bad but it could have been executed better.

Synista

Editing

I was doing that in my next video. Some slow motions, some freeze frame. etc
Expect some things you may not have seen before, I've been discussing some ideas with MJ1284 and when I know how to do them, you'll be impressed :)

Music

More epic music to come... and it's going to be a LONG montage.

Gameplay

I was away from work experience, I'm euro, the only server that was vacant was the Asian server. Unless you really want to see some laggy movement and OverDrive lagg also... and I didn't really use routes no one knew, I used to Zenith route which I call 'The Dobby' but I edited out the build to the route to keep it his secret; don't expect to see epic MA's in the space of 2 hours of gameplay or should I say around 3 maps of recording and I didn't bother to finish the match when I got up to 10MA's so it was a minimal effort kind of thing.

I'm working on a new one though, nice one minute intro, just need some gameplay