Legions Gamplay Q&A

Delpicy

I didn't see another thread like this, so I thought I'd make one. Even as a fairly experienced player (experience, not skill :p), I still seem to have quite a few questions about gameplay and the ins and outs of it. So, the purpose of this thread is for people to ask questions about gameplay. Keep it at or below five questions so its easier to answer. Suggesting possible strategies/advice that apply to a question is also welcome :). Here are my questions:

1. Do I need to be on the ground to activate overdrive on the outraider or raider?

2. How do I deactivate overdrive? As an outraider or raider, I always seems to last as long as it feels like.

3. As the heavy on flag, when should I overdrive? Before or after the incoming capper does? Or does it matter?

4. What weapons are good for chasing? (currently use LR&RL)

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
1. Do I need to be on the ground to activate overdrive on the outraider or raider?

You need to be touching something below you, but not necessarily the ground, i.e. a players head will do.

2. How do I deactivate overdrive? As an outraider or raider, I always seems to last as long as it feels like.

As soon as your energy runs out, you can deactivate it at any time from then.
3. As the heavy on flag, when should I overdrive? Before or after the incoming capper does? Or does it matter?

Before obviously, you're aiming to block them before they take your flag. That is the principle of HoFing.They can just move you out of the way once they are in overdrive, against speed cappers(which are what HoFs are mainly used against) you do not have this problem.

Depends on personal preference, many people prefer to use chain and rocket on outrider. I personally always use the hornet loadout due to the confidence I have with the LR. Boost combo's are essential though if you wish to gain any real speed.

jickerjacker

Private Tester
I didn't see another thread like this, so I thought I'd make one. Even as a fairly experienced player (experience, not skill :p), I still seem to have quite a few questions about gameplay and the ins and outs of it. So, the purpose of this thread is for people to ask questions about gameplay. Keep it at or below five questions so its easier to answer. Suggesting possible strategies/advice that apply to a question is also welcome :). Here are my questions:

1. OD can be activated on any solid surface Ex. ground, towers, bases, etc. But OD is also contagious, if someone hits you with OD and you hit r, you will catch their OD and begin your own OD. - sorry if that was confusing

2. Turn off your jets. ( let up off of right click after 3 seconds or so)

3. I find that ODing across the incoming capper before he gets there is the most affective because that usually slingshots them away from the flag.

4. Most will say the Grenade Launcher, Rocket Launcher, Chaingun, and Laser Rifle.

Delpicy

Thanks for the incredibly fast responses! Its funny how I get answers faster on the forums than in game...anyways, everyone, feel free to ask your own questions!

Sin

Private Tester
As to your 3rd question, Jicker is mostly right. If you practice enough, you can OD across them, and upwards. That will usually shoot them up and to the side, and sometimes works better than straight across for deactivating the capper's overdrive. With the inherited motion from that kind of block, it is extremely hard to recover and grab the flag.