Legions FanFic, no title yet.

GoodJobDino

[This is only the first page. Still working on more.]

Department of Science and Development Grand Hall - June 21, 3022
“Weapons?! When was this decision made? And why did no one consult me? I did not construct these suits for war!”

“Enough!” A voice rang out followed by the slams of a gavel. “You have talked a lot during these proceedings Mr. Bloom, but you have said very little towards making a point. And it is making me question your usefulness in this project. With your cooperation, we have moved well past the testing stages with these suits, and it is far too late to hear these claims of yours. Many of our soldiers have already been outfitted with them and are battle ready. With this kind of edge over our enemies the possibilities are endless. You-”

Mr. Webbers words were cut off by the ringing of a cell phone, all present turn to Mr. Belledin who was completely unaware of his phone until he looked up from his note taking into the glaring faces of his colleagues. Calmly he answered it, …

“I need to take this.” He stated before walking out. Behind him he could hear the fading voices continue arguing.

“What is it general? I was in the middle of a meeting. … Yes sir, I have sent you everything. …”

He peaked around the corner into the room of busy scientists.

“They suspect nothing. … I will leave immediately.”

Mr. Belledin walked back into the surprisingly silent room, a man was speaking from the telecom in the middle of the table,

“…of this attack, the Department of War will be taking over the project, while funding the research center to keep advancing the technology of the suits. Good luck gentlemen.”

Mr. Belledin slowly closed his bag, “what’s happened?”

Hesitantly, Mr. Webber turned to face him, his eyed filled with terror. As he opened his mouth a tear rolled down his face, “We’ve been attacked from the east. The enemy is unknown. They caught us by surprise and completely wiped out our forces at Fort Jarvis…” His words trailed off as he turned away.

“But how could this have happened? We have defenses and detection against missiles, an attack of this magnitude could have been easily-”

“Damn it Belledin! They didn’t use any damned missiles! They didn’t use any kind of transport! Cut right through our naval defenses, straight into the base. Our soldiers didn’t stand a chance…”

“How Mr. Webber!?”

“They had the suits… Belledin. They had the suits. Somehow one of those crazy dictators must have gotten a hold of our data and constructed an army of their own…” His outburst ended, and he solemnly went back to sitting silent.

Mr. Belledin, shocked, picked up his bag and walked swiftly from the room. Beyond the doorway he composed himself and smirked wickedly as he straightened his glasses and exited the building.