"Legions.exe has stopped working" when launching Legions: Overdrive

Vustom

When I try and launch Legions, it freezes and a pop-up appears that says; "Legions.exe has stopped working"

Legions used to work fine when I had Windows Vista, but ever since I upgraded to Windows 7 SP1 Legions hasn't been able to successfully launch.

System;
- Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo CPU E8400 (3.00GHz)
- Memory: 3070 MB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240
- Operating System: Windows 7™ Ultimate (Service Pack 1)
- Motherboard: Asus IPIBL-LB (Benicia)
- DirectX 11

Things I've tried so far;
- Updated Drivers
- Updated DirectX
- Running As Administrator
- Delete/Reinstall Legions
- Run in compatibility mode (XP/Vista)
- Excluded both Launcher.exe and Legions.exe from Anti-virus/Firewall software
- Installed Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Redistributable Package and Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (web installer)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    39.4 KB · Views: 4
  • console.log.txt
    12 KB · Views: 6

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Is your system running the required .net versions? I'm asking because that's something that is not in your "Tried so far" list.

Vustom

I installed Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, 2.0 and 1.1 as well; then restarted my PC, but that didn't help, I'm still getting "Legions.exe has stopped working" when launching Legions: Overdrive.

Propkid

Try ignoring the pop-up and wait or minimize it and get back to the frozen game. I used to have this issue, except the pop-up appeared and a few seconds later the game was working properly again (the pop-up didn't disappear).
Also check your background programs and see if anything could be blocking the startup (I sometimes have to turn off fraps, overwolf and other games/ video players etc)

Vustom

@Propkid - That doesn't work for me, the Legions window is still gray after 5 minutes of waiting.

Vustom

I moved it into C:\Program Files\Legions Overdrive but Legions still freezes on launch.. :(

I also tried C:\Legions Overdrive as well, but no luck.

Cirus

you need to extract the files over again and place them into the C:\Program Files\. Doing so will extract every file into the program file list. Sometimes when you try to move an icon from desktop to another location you are merely moving one shortcut or file while the others are stored somewhere else on the hard drive. Once extracted let it run and download the rest of the files into the new location and you should be able to run the game (if that is the problem) ;)