Legions.exe Crashing

57thSora

Hey guy's, my legions.exe constantly crashed whenever I JOIN a server, even an empty one. I followed A2's guide, I downloaded Legions' from his link and I've also tried Network Frame 4.0, 3.0 and 2.0, non of the three worked. I opened Legions by double clicking Launcher and log in.

Here's a screenshot of it.
LegionCrashed.jpg

A2

You might even want to post/attach your 'console.log' file. Might help a lot. You can find that file in Legions Overdrive's main folder.
As far as I know, the .NET framework worked for many. Also, have you tried using stefy's method?

57thSora

Erm A2, I've not tried stefy's method cause I can't find the thread, though I have no idea how to attach the "console.log", and also it can't be uploaded. ;x

MJ1284

Some of your files might have corrupted during the download, try deleting your Legions -folder and download it again.

And as A2 pointed out "console.log" would help considerably.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Sora, if you're having trouble uploading your console.log, change its filetype to .txt. You should be able to upload console.txt without much trouble!

57thSora

Erm Daph, I'm actually using MacBook, which is OSX. Though I am having Window OS in my MacBook, I've got my Legions in my Window OS, and it doesn't have like much applications cause I'm not good with Windows, I'm just good with OSX. ;x And I don't really know how to change the filetype to ".txt". >< And I don't know much application for Windows. ;x Well, when IA wasn't "DEAD", I used to play on my OSX. When it changed to TorquePowered, I didn't know what to do and I didn't believe Carnage/A2, saying that this is the REAL REAL Legions. ;x So yeah. ;x

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Erm Daph, I'm actually using MacBook, which is OSX. Though I am having Window OS in my MacBook, I've got my Legions in my Window OS, and it doesn't have like much applications cause I'm not good with Windows, I'm just good with OSX. ;x And I don't really know how to change the filetype to ".txt". >< And I don't know much application for Windows. ;x Well, when IA wasn't "DEAD", I used to play on my OSX. When it changed to TorquePowered, I didn't know what to do and I didn't believe Carnage/A2, saying that this is the REAL REAL Legions. ;x So yeah. ;x
I think notebook or whatever the light word processor from Apple can do .txt You just need to 'save as' and under format, change it to .txt

57thRomance

Well, Sora, that's a problem you'll just have to deal with. I do my thing on a Mac, and I had to suck it up like a man, partition my hard drive, and install Windows into the spare partition.
I had different options that either failed or I didn't have interest in. Here's my complaint for reference: http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/mac-os-x-compatibility.768/

57thSora

Well, Sora, that's a problem you'll just have to deal with. I do my thing on a Mac, and I had to suck it up like a man, partition my hard drive, and install Windows into the spare partition.
I had different options that either failed or I didn't have interest in. Here's my complaint for reference: http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/mac-os-x-compatibility.768/

Well maybe that's true, and your probably right on spending quite amount of cash on a PC just for Legions, though that might be the end of Legions for me I guess. Maybe there's no other way.

57thRomance

Well maybe that's true, and your probably right on spending quite amount of cash on a PC just for Legions.
Wellllllllll, I did use an installer disk a friend of mine had, so technically I didn't spend any money. And I would NEVER buy another machine just to play Legions. That would be more than just plain silly; it would be wrong.

though that might be the end of Legions for me I guess. Maybe there's no other way.
If you absolutely can't do Bootcamp, you can always wait it out for a Mac version. There may be no ETA, but that doesn't mean there's no hope for a Mac version.

57thSora

If you absolutely can't do Bootcamp, you can always wait it out for a Mac version. There may be no ETA, but that doesn't mean there's no hope for a Mac version.

Well if your trying to say a BootCamp for Windows XP, well yeah I can do that. Using BootCamp Assistant, I've did it quite many time's. But if your trying to say the other BootCamp than the one I said, that might be another problem for me I guess.

57thRomance

Well if your trying to say a BootCamp for Windows XP, well yeah I can do that. Using BootCamp Assistant, I've did it quite many time's. But if your trying to say the other BootCamp than the one I said, that might be another problem for me I guess.
Well then do that. Not sure what other Boot camp you're talking about, other than the army, but that's both a painful and an unhelpful path to getting your computer to run Legions.

57thSora

Well then do that. Not sure what other Boot camp you're talking about, other than the army, but that's both a painful and an unhelpful path to getting your computer to run Legions.
Lols, not the army's bootcamp. >< I meant the one that's using BootCamp to install Windows.

57thRomance

Just use Bootcamp Assistant like you normally would. It's simple.

Off-topic: I need to learn how to not start a post with the word "Well".

57thSora

Not really actually Juhben, I tried restarting my MacBook to Windows OS, then when I logged into my Windows Account, I just wait for about 20 seconds for everything to load then I start the Launcher ONLY.