$Pref::Sfx::maxSoftwareBuffers = -1;
$Pref::Sfx::Provider = "FMod";
$Pref::Sfx::UseHardware = "1";

make sure use hardware is "1"

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
I remember something in the prefs.cs that says:

$Pref::Sfx::provider = "FMod";

If the Fmod isnt there, the legions sound is off. You'll want to add it in. And make sure the line under that has a 1 in the quotes next to UseHardware.

live > client > preferences > prefs

Edit: dangit enryu!

AshleYy

open ur prefs.cs file and look for these lines:

Code:
$Pref::Sfx::Device = "SoundMAX Digital Audio";
$Pref::Sfx::MasterVolume = 0.8;
$Pref::Sfx::maxSoftwareBuffers = -1;
$Pref::Sfx::Provider = "FMod";
$Pref::Sfx::UseHardware = "1";

make sure use hardware is "1"
It's at 1.

AshleYy

I remember something in the prefs.cs that says:

$Pref::Sfx::provider = "FMod";

If the Fmod isnt there, the legions sound is off. If its not there, you'll want to add it in. And make sure the line under that has a 1 in the quotes next to UseHardware.

live > client > preferences > prefs

Edit: dangit enryu!
FMod is already theree.

Do you use a dedicated soundcard or onboard soundcard? Any recent hardware changes?
Not sure if I use a dedicated soundcard or onboard soundcard. My dad usually get's on here every morning before me. And I think he updated norton. It just started happening since I got on this morning.

AshleYy

AshleYy

I don't know how to find my model number. I'm using a PC emachines Windows XP

EDIT: I might of found my model number. It was on my monitor. But I don't know if it's my model number.

E19T6W

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
That's the model number for your monitor. The model number should be on the desktop itself. You might also want to check if you still have your driver CD that came with the computer, the necessary drivers should be located on there as well.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
hmm, see if there's a barcoded number on the rear or bottom of the case. Note: You'll see your Windows key do NOT post that in here. Just look for something that reads 'model number'. Actually, to be safe, maybe PM me the information.

Ah, even better, e-machines has a 'detect hardware utility' on their website. This utility should scan your system and see what you're missing driver-wise.

http://support.gateway.com/us/en/emac/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=1441

Propkid

First look for the driver CD that Seymour mentioned. For my last 2 PCs the Realtek drivers came together with the Motherboard drivers. Look through your CDs and check if any of them have any major motherboard manufacturer names on them.

AshleYy

I will have to ask my dad where the box is when he gets home. Is there any way to change $Pref::Sfx::Device = "Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)"; to something else?

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I will have to ask my dad where the box is when he gets home. Is there any way to change $Pref::Sfx::Device = "Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)"; to something else?

I suggest keeping it as is and just running that 'Detect Hardware utility' on Emachines site that I linked you.