Legions 1.40 and Linux

Robbz

whats the system system requirements for the new version? I am trying to get it to run in linux to add to Playonlinux.com client for easy installation on linux.

Fixious

Test Lead
Nothing changed. It'll probably be a bit laggy for lower end machines when coming up to a huge deployable farm, but otherwise it should run the same as before.

Robbz

Could you share the current system requirements? I need the list like which direct x, vcrun libraries and if it uses microsoft .net. stuff like that.

Robbz

If you're trying to play on Linux it likely won't play very well since Legions has never officially supported Linux (or Mac).

I am very well aware but its kinda what I do. I have League of legends, Hawken, DC Universe, Terraria, etc (i have more but you get the point) all running like butter in linux which are much more complex then this. I can handle this.
I just was wondering system requirements so I could save myself time.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
If you get it working, please post a detailed list of everything you did. Apparently legions can run, (Launcher is a pain) but has this kind of weird black terrain issue along with awful framerate.

Robbz

If you get it working, please post a detailed list of everything you did. Apparently legions can run, (Launcher is a pain) but has this kind of weird black terrain issue along with awful framerate.

I will certainly post a complete installation guide when I finish and I will try to submit it to PlayonLinux for easiest installation.

Black/or white in game can be a sign that direct x is not running correctly or is the incorrect version. Was it just the terrain that was black? or was it everything outlined?

Also @ fixious Thank you for the requirements link (and making this its own thread I think?). Very much appreciated.

Robbz

DONE

I have Legions running completely stable at around 45 fps with no hitch and max detail!
I tested this on a few different rigs and distros.
This is the live version not public test. I will be testing public test soon.
I will post a how to as soon as I can ounce I tweek settings to get more fps.
If you no anyone that can make a bash script please send them my way. I need to make this into a script to submit to playonlinux.com for easiest installation.