legion tutorial.

alvin_10

Hey guys.i have seen many new players of legions overdrive and most of them dosent even know how to fly.to shoot.change weapon.

and some stupid players dosent help them and bullies them.

which make most new players to quit the game.

i know legions is still in beta but many new players are awfull.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Yeah.. I've been noticing a much higher number of osnipers as of late that can't hit anything aside from unmoving targets and when I go after them to kill them, they don't land a single hit on me and I kill them in 2-3 shots.

At least some referral to an article on good pub behavior would be nice. Some sort of tutorial I don't know about but if we can at least show them to some sort of database with youtube videos, a few articles, and whatnot, I think that would really help and I don't think it would be too long on the devs' part to implement.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
The first and last time I saw a bully on legions was nearly 4 years ago (Back in IA), when I had just began playing. Not going to say his/her name, so don't bother asking.

A tutorial would be nice, but often I see other 'good players' helping 'new players' learn some game-play techniques. Not that I'm saying there aren't any bullies around, but majority of the Legions: Overdrive community are helpful (far from a bunch of bullies).

Disci

Old man
Worst part of helping people out is that it takes a lot of time, which atleast I don't have. I have 0 interest of helping people out when I'm playing due this reason. Some sort of tutorial would be nice if someone had time to put together one, a quality one I might add.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
Worst part of helping people out is that it takes a lot of time, which atleast I don't have. I have 0 interest of helping people out when I'm playing due this reason. Some sort of tutorial would be nice if someone had time to put together one, a quality one I might add.
No one is asking for weeks of training, or even an hour. Just a few tips here and there, not much of a big task.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
I've been meaning to make a tut for a long time now but since the game is still undergoing changes it'll have to wait. Helping newbloods every now and then is all we can do for now since half of the people who try to play this game are illiterate or don't know how to speak engrish.

Disci

Old man
No one is asking for weeks of training, or even an hour. Just a few tips here and there, not much of a big task.

Sounds nice but still they need to understand things before they can learn. Do you think giving out tips will let them understand the game better? I dont think so and giving out tips will take away from my time on the server, which is mostly a map or max two. You get the picture I hope.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
I was just referring to things like 'Basic Movement, Weapons, Hot-keys etc' Nothing too game-play focused: 'Positions, Tactics, Ctf and DM'

If the game hasn't started yet, and there aren't enough players to start the game, possible.
If the game is already underway, might not be possible.

Although I do get what you're saying, isn't playing in a server full of people that know how to play the game better than being in a server where some players (unfortunately) don't know the difference ctf and dm?

up_ur_guts

I enjoy teaching new players some basics, I was given that time when I first played back on IA so feel it is only right 2 do the same now for others,

my big issue is this band of complete idiots that are buzzing around the game these days that even after u tell them ur teaching a nooby how 2 get stated they will attack that player because they know they can't fight back, I know we will always have idiots like these around us but all I can say to them is to remember u most prob asked for help at some point and someone gave gave u that time so please give others the chance 2 learn instead of being a prick

Disci

Old man
my big issue is this band of complete idiots that are buzzing around the game these days that even after u tell them ur teaching a nooby how 2 get stated they will attack that player because they know they can't fight back, I know we will always have idiots like these around us but all I can say to them is to remember u most prob asked for help at some point and someone gave gave u that time so please give others the chance 2 learn instead of being a prick

Using an empty server for this is better choice. After all you're on pub server where are other players and you're taking up space from people who would actually want to play the game and instead of that there are 2 people who does nothing. In the worst case scenario you both are on the same team so your team is actually 2 players short. I don't mean teaching is bad thing but do it on an empty server so everyone is happy. If the guy wants to learn he will follow you.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
Using an empty server for this is better choice. After all you're on pub server where are other players and you're taking up space from people who would actually want to play the game and instead of that there are 2 people who does nothing. In the worst case scenario you both are on the same team so your team is actually 2 players short. I don't mean teaching is bad thing but do it on an empty server so everyone is happy. If the guy wants to learn he will follow you.
I agree with all of this, I hadn't said that helping someone out by the means of disturbing everyone else is good, or advised.

up_ur_guts

i fully agree with u there disci, i always ask the player to follow me to an empty server but the idiots to which i spoke of b4 will also follow u so the problem just moves along, i suppose the only option is to ask one of the mods or devs for the use of a private server but then u feel like ur bothering them for no real reason,

Disci

Old man
i fully agree with u there disci, i always ask the player to follow me to an empty server but the idiots to which i spoke of b4 will also follow u so the problem just moves along, i suppose the only option is to ask one of the mods or devs for the use of a private server but then u feel like ur bothering them for no real reason,

Then I'd rape the fuckers and report them to mods. :)

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Though there is a language barrier, there could be a link to a written tutorial in english in the launcher, since I gather that many new players don't know about the forums/don't bother with the forums. This could have skiing videos, hotkeys, HUD-reading assistance, and weapons guides for now, and rudimentary tactics (touching on things like offensive sniping/llama stuff) The tactics don't have to be too in-depth, but giving the new players something to click on right in the launcher would probably be the best idea. Eventually, players could start translating the tutorials into different languages given the language demand.