Launcher doesn't update

Shazbot

Hey, i have the same problem! I can't start downloading game files.
Here's my log:
2013-11-16 11:57:41,836: legionslauncher.launcher_update INFO: Checking for launcher update
2013-11-16 11:57:42,311: legionslauncher.launcher_update INFO: Launcher update required, from 0.6.7 to 0.6.8
2013-11-16 11:57:42,312: root CRITICAL: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Z:\legionslauncher\legionslauncher\update_thread.py", line 31, in run
File "Z:\legionslauncher\legionslauncher\launcher_update.py", line 28, in update_launcher
File "C:\Development\legionslauncher\pyenv\lib\site-packages\esky\__init__.py", line 806, in fetch_version
File "C:\Python\32-bit\2.7\lib\ntpath.py", line 108, in join
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc2 in position 9: ordinal not in range(128)

GReaper

Grumpy
Don't reply to other peoples threads with the "same problem" unless you're certain it's the same problem. Otherwise we'd have 1 entire thread for "doesn't load" which doesn't help anyone.

What directory are you trying to run this from? Could you give me the full directory location to where you're running it from? I'm guessing it's your documents/downloads directory with unicode characters in your account name.

AirTrek

I'm guessing it's your documents/downloads directory with unicode characters in your account name.

Finally, I can at least try this game out. The launcher stops and doesn't do anything, if you run it in a directory that's a subfolder of your user account that has a unicode character in it (for example ū). I moved the launcher folder to c:/ and it worked!