Launch of #legions.pickup

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
#legions.pickup is not being used now, so this service is unavailable now. We may use it in the future when we get active 24/7 players, but not now.

If you want to play a europe pickup, we gather around in the teamspeak channel at 7 PM UK Time.

You can also sign up in #legions.eu to reserve your space in the pickup. (Captains will not pick you first, but you will be picked at some point)

w00tyou

There should be a little notification on th LO hompage saying
"PUG Starting, Picking, In Game"
"Head to #legions.pickup IRC
and L:O Teamspeak"

Just a handy idea.

Also will IRC intergrated into legions will be a possibility?

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Added some more info about pickup times, polished the rules section off, added a missing bracket, and fixed a typo.

My work is done for the day.

Disci

Old man
I'm pretty disapointed that USA crew haven't shown any support(appart from Seymour, Unknown, loc and Outlaw). Half of the community has disapeared and just hanging with each other on private TS channels. That's pretty poor from you people(I've heard you don't PUG much these days either).

This is a project that is aimed for the whole community. USA and European are atm just the only places where the PUG's are happening so don' get mad at me, the rest of the world. Meaning of this is just to get one place where to control the sign ups. A place where new player is welcome at any time and instantly see how the sign up is processing and then be able to decide if it's worth to sign up considering his own schedule.

For now it's for both eu and usa but if it takes off and it gets crowded euro's will move back to #legions.eu and I will hand #legions.pickup to anyone who wants to organise it.

MJ1284

Keep in mind that Legions is still in Beta stage Disci, I expect the community size & PUG sign up & everything else that's remotely related to Legions will be drastically altered in finalized version.. don't lose hope bud, best is yet to come :)

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
...What?

If they come to signups late it meant that the game is already underway.
...Yeah... Unfair that they can't hop on to that...

Disci

Old man
Thing is, people will stop at some point. Few will stop playing after first or second map. That's the point where others can jump on. For those who missed the sign up start of the map, they can start another signup where the rest of the people from the first PUG can join later if they still wanna continue. Lots of options really. Has been working for other games and I don't know why it wouldn't work for us too.

Last night we had 9v9 Zenith because we like to let everyone play regardles who signed up or not. They just happend to come on TS at the right time and were available.

Most important thing is that we know when we have enough people to start one. Bot will highlight all of those who has signed up and then we can join TS and start picking. Other option is to set a time for it before hand like euros has done all these years.

Disci

Old man
Channel is dead for now. Lets see if it gets back alive someday. You're free to come idle in Discinet, tho. Pls, come. :(

Gheist

King of all Goblins
I've never really seen a reason for this channel to exist. I mean, PUGs are what #legions.eu was initially created for. Just go idle there. ;)