Last and probably the best chance to...

Maxter

get people interested in this game.

Compatibility with Oculus Rift. That's right, the other day I watching some videos on Oculus Rift, how all the people who currently own the developer version of it and what they think about it, and I found this:

Watch it from 3 minutes and the guy talks about vertigo while playing Portal 2. If a game as slow as Portal 2(compared to Legions) can make people nauseous, Legions using Oculus Rift is gonna make them vomit(but in a good way:D).

Don't know if it's possible or even if you guys are interested in doing something like this at this point, just wanted to put this one last suggestion from me on here. Thoughts welcome.

There's other chances to get people interested in the game. *Tribes: Ass-End* has an entire playerbase of FPS+Z lovers. We have to convert some.

That said though, I'd love to try this game on the Rift. Picking up a consumer edition day 1.

Maxter

I tried getting people from T:A a while back, most of them turned out to be stuck up arrogant idiots who don't want to play the game because of the graphics. If they do try it, they'd stop after getting MA'd once or twice while calling the movement "weird" or lame.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
This would require someone to buy the SDK ($300) and then code in Oculus Rift support into this game. As Fire said, there are good ways to get people interested. This is more of a pipe dream.

Mukhtar

It isn't the last option, but it is a good idea. Also idk which tribes players you had try out the game, but the ones I had try it out had a great time, though they were very experienced with a long history of gaming. The only complaints I received from them were:
1. how the sensitivity doesn't allow you to go into decimals ie 6.25
2. no ability to lock/smooth framerate
3. very low player base
also most good tribes players game look something like this:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc...EBE410BA6CFAD9008F86506/1024x576.resizedimage
though not entirely this bad anymore (unless sniping)

Maxter

This would require someone to buy the SDK ($300) and then code in Oculus Rift support into this game. As Fire said, there are good ways to get people interested. This is more of a pipe dream.

300$ wouldn't be a big deal to donate if someone(who we can trust) steps up for the job of doing the coding work. I myself will be one of the people who would donate, and I know others who would too. Not really a pipe dream as long as someone is willing to take the initiative. If we can pull this off, this will dwarf any other methods to gather people to this game.

Krakyn

im not sure coding a feature into the game is related to getting people to play it, even if it would be cool to fly around. just spreading the word is probably the best way to get people to play. the reason i say this is because we need people to play it first.
then maybe the devs could go for a more money consuming task, but even then i dont see something like this happening.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
...if someone(who we can trust) steps up for the job of doing the coding work... Not really a pipe dream as long as someone is willing to take the initiative.

This is the issue. If someone had the time and chops to code this, they would be a full-time developer for this game. You're right - this is a neat feature. But if we had the capacity to buy and code this, we probably wouldn't be where we are today (with no full time devs + no ability to profit from this game + no ability to pay people to work on the game).

Armageddon

Teapot
Honestly i think legions won't ever reach Rift,but maybe* it might be something to think about for project Z.

Legions is what it is, besides some updates and extra content here and there i think the focus will be moving to Z as it should.

Fixious

Test Lead
I'm not all that educated on Torque scripting. You'd be going backwards if you did it (Torque3D to Torque Juggernaut). I'd imagine it'd be easier since it's in torquescript, but you'd have to change a lot of stuff I assume.