Laptops for Legions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mots0311, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Mots0311

Mots0311 Member

I'm looking to buy a laptop and I'm interested what's the best setup for a game like Legions. I can't spend more than $1000 bucks so forget those really high end ones. Any suggestions?

2. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

RedInk likes this.
  3. 57thEnryu

57thEnryu Member

there a Alienware for like $750 that's supposed to be really good. Try that.

4. Ucantry2run

Ucantry2run Private Tester

I would build a desktop instead of a laptop. I know a good set for $1000 that will run games amazingly. PM me if you want some help.

I'll look for some laptops too...

5. SeymourGore

SeymourGore Flatulent Cherub

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157293

This one's not bad. With that said, almost anything modern with a dedicated GPU should be fine. Try to avoid netbooks, though.

I'm thinking there's a specific reason why you want a laptop (portability, lack of space, etc), but Ucan's right. If you're on a tight budget, desktop is the way to go.

6. w00tyou

w00tyou Member

7. havocblitz

havocblitz Member

Buy alienware M15 its good for legions. :D
    i gonna buy it soon :D

8. DeadGuy

DeadGuy Legions Developer

I too, would recommend getting a desktop unless you absolutely need a portable device.

9. I recently bought a $1000 desktop and a cheap $400 laptop for school. Works out well.

10. LindN

LindN Member

alienware is at the best a huge waste of cash.

take for example:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...200048&cm_re=alienware-_-34-200-048-_-Product

and compare it to say, this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152204&cm_re=msi-_-34-152-204-_-Product

you get:
    the same processor
    the same amount of RAM
    the same harddrive
    nvidia graphics card that performs equal to 5850 (plus never having to use ati drivers again <3 )

that for 320$ less than the alienware computer.

but if you want even better graphics, take this one:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152211&cm_re=msi-_-34-152-211-_-Product

same *chocolate cookies* you get as stated above but with a 5870, which of course is better than a 5850.

for 70$ less.

11. stefygraff

stefygraff Private Tester

Laptops don't occupy that much space and are more economical. But when it comes to games, Laptops lose in the favor of PC's.
    ACER Aspire 5735Z is what i have and it work's, not brilliant but it work's...

12. Daphinicus

Daphinicus Private Tester

I used to own an Alienware laptop. I will never, EVER own an Alienware product ever again. I was appalled by their service (but then, it's Dell, so what was I thinking?), burnt by their prices, singed by their overheating components, and disgusted that I couldn't play anything without the whole system shutting down from overheating. I'm sure they've gotten a lot better by now as far as components go, but when it comes to service, Dell is not to be trusted.

I have, on the other hand, found TREMENDOUS success with ASUS's line of gaming laptops. I build my systems, but my sister's gotten an ASUS gaming laptop twice now, and we've been phenomenally pleased. Hitting the sub-$1K price point and still getting an exceedingly entertaining, top-quality system was a simple affair.

13. A2

A2 Member

Those who are going for an alienware...your screwed.
    I'm trying to get hold of an Origin lappy soon.

14. Buhlitz

Buhlitz Member

15. Freeman

Freeman RAYTANG

16. Buhlitz

Buhlitz Member

Asus U52F-BBL9

Just google it, or go to bestbuy.com

17. havocblitz

havocblitz Member

i thought alienware is the best gaming laptop ever.
    i gonna buy a new laptop soon so can someone tell me about any good gaming laptop?

18. SeymourGore

SeymourGore Flatulent Cherub

That's a decent processor for that price. My biggest concern with it would be the lack of a dedicated GPU.

Ahoy hoy, y'should list what kind of budget you can afford.

19. Daphinicus

Daphinicus Private Tester

/me points to the posts above about ASUS systems.

/me revels in the use of /me in a non-IRC setting.

/me bobs his eyebrows semi-maniacally.

20. havocblitz

havocblitz Member

Worst graphic card.