Lag spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aki

Ima feel like a retard if that's the wrong server... I had to use the console echo() command to get the IP address for the public test server (IL) 'cause I couldn't find it here on the forum. Anyway, I ran pingplotter while playing Elegiac until I had 1378 samples.

Elegiac, ZC, and other large maps are the worst offenders, especially when I get out to the edges, more especially if I'm moving fast. On Elegiac, I always get a hiccup when I drop down the hills to start a flag ran. I get these spikes on every map, though. They usually present as a freeze for about a second, then I can move again for about 2 or 3 seconds before I get yoinked back to wherever I was when I lagged out. If I have the shell open, my ping registers as >1000ms until I'm back, then it's at its usual 92-102 range.

This has been going on for a few months and I've just lived with it, but I guess I'm getting tired of it by now. Hope that's enough info to start the road to a solution.

Attachments

• Chi.DediDirect.com.png
    Chi.DediDirect.com.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 15
I get these symptoms too along with ping that rises usually as night time comes, eg. 90-100 in the morning, 130-200 at night.

cheap SG server that is being over sold?

100 is high but still enjoyable, 130+ Id rather do something else and usually do right at the time most others play :(

Immanent

Even though I get stable 10-20 ping, later at night I feel like I'm playing in 50-80 ping which is surprisingly hard to adjust to, even though my ping shows it's 10...

GReaper

Grumpy
Why are you guys posting feedback for 3 different servers in a single thread?

Aki - your pingplotter shows no problems at all. Infact, it's shockingly stable - min 95, average 95, max 105. Not even a minor hiccup there with your connection.

stefygraff - varies a bit, but your average is super low. No packet loss.

jedics - of course it's over sold, how else do you think we could afford a full dedicated server with hardly any players willing to pay?

Thread locked, start a new thread if you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.