just one question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AizenStark

I'm not really a follower of the forum, only came to play, but since long time ago i've been wondering something, and sorry if this is not the issue, but i just remember one day when i was playing legions and some *dancing* HUGE raider like 20 times bigger than me, appeared in the sky and started shoot huge rockets at me. I think it was a cheat, because some guy that was playing, wrote my user name and a phrase that i can't remember and some weird symbols on the chat. Then a huge raider appeared above my, when i moved that thing followed me and started a shoot at me. I was on Mirage so i hid on the tunnels and stayed a while hearing the noise of rockets crashing, honestly it was like a earthquake all the people was like "wtf?" by the noisy sound. Then i got out of the tunnels and it was like a rain of rockets so immediately I get killed and the huge raider disappeared, idk why im telling this but since long time ago i've been wondering wtf was that?
Not very important but I would like resolve this question

moronval

Private Tester
That was an old for-fun way to deal with griefing players, it was a command that only admins could use and it actually never was meant to make it into the public version of the game due to the fear that players would purposefully act out in order to get "Prometheus", as he was called, summoned on them. You should've only had prometheus spawned on you if you were being bad, although it's possible shadowdemonx10 (I forgot his name exactly but it was something like that) had edited his server to be able to summon it without an admin.

AizenStark

That was an old for-fun way to deal with griefing players, it was a command that only admins could use and it actually never was meant to make it into the public version of the game due to the fear that players would purposefully act out in order to get "Prometheus", as he was called, summoned on them. You should've only had prometheus spawned on you if you were being bad, although it's possible shadowdemonx10 (I forgot his name exactly but it was something like that) had edited his server to be able to summon it without an admin.

oh, ty
maybe he did that just for fun cause im not a griefer player. lol

Siantlark

Yeah. you would have to have been very bad for the almighty god of Legions to have come down from his perch and start destroying your pathetic life with his invincible rockets!

I think some of the admins did that for fun too but he wouldn't have targeted you unless you did something bad as moronval mentioned.

I never knew that he wasn't supposed to make it into the public version of the game...

I wonder if he is still in Legions Overdrive...

Synista

He's not, I don't think anyways... Admins had commands back in the day when Prometheus was alive.... I haven't seen a command used in-game by any player what-so-ever so I guess it's safe to assume he isn't I guess.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
It was meant to be used publicly. It was just a fun way to deal with annoying players, but the side-effect was that people would act bad to get us to use it. We stopped using it because of that reason.

Kryst

Private Tester
It was meant to be used publicly. It was just a fun way to deal with annoying players, but the side-effect was that people would act bad to get us to use it. We stopped using it because of that reason.

now they just get banned.

moronval

Private Tester

wat! I thought for sure it wasn't to make it into the public, but I see.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Was interesting to see the ingame admins agree on more or less not using it, to avoid that people start misbehaving on purpose... and then the lead dev goes out and has promkill fun. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.