Is this happening

Mabeline

God-Tier
All of those map would need a fair amount of work before they're acceptable for playing. You can keep your eyes open for new content, but I wouldn't get your hopes up about those maps (they didn't really work).

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
Yea, no Tribes map ports are allowed. We can follow a similar style though, as long as it "works" in Legions and it isn't an obvious rip-off.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
Yea, no Tribes map ports are allowed. We can follow a similar style though, as long as it "works" in Legions and it isn't an obvious rip-off.

That's what I was going to say. They can't stop you from making a map like Raindance. They can stop you from taking the exact map/name etc... But a similar look alike really shouldn't be a problem at all. :rolleyes:

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I've never seen raindance, but if it doesn't have hills, it wouldn't work in Legions, just saying. maps in legions need to work with the skiing, since skiing is more integral to legions than Tribes is.

Mabeline

God-Tier
Raindance, like most tribes maps, would never work without some sort of limitation on overdrive. A lot of maps would just not work because a player can go straight up the front, OD, and be back at base without even thinking about a route.

poiuyt580

Raindance, like most tribes maps, would never work without some sort of limitation on overdrive. A lot of maps would just not work because a player can go straight up the front, OD, and be back at base without even thinking about a route.
true dat.
sounds kinda like forgotten

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
With forgotten, its hard to turn around and go back through the center while keeping your momentum, you can OD, but then its a nice shot for any halfway decent sniper to take you out and get the flag back. Much easier to go in through the front, out the back and to the side. The health limitation on overdrive is fairly effective, but there would need to be more on raindance. Thanks to discord for enlightening me.

Pushi

Dont Expect too much too soon, im pretty happy with the fact legions will be playable again, new maps, content, modes and such can wait, first let the dev team work on the succesuful launch.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
I dont care whether its going to launch now or after another 6 months. the fact that there is hope that we will get legions back is enough to keep me going with good expectations :)