Is this a good mouse? Can you recommend me a better one?

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Mice are a pretty subjective peripheral. Seymour personally enjoys the feel of MS Sidewinder series, but to each their own. If possible, I'd recommend visiting your local electronics store to see if you can try some of the mice firsthand.

Royalty

The Aussie
Mice are a pretty subjective peripheral. Seymour personally enjoys the feel of MS Sidewinder series, but to each their own. If possible, I'd recommend visiting your local electronics store to see if you can try some of the mice firsthand.
Which model of the Sidewinder series do you use/recommend for playing Legions?

JF_097

One thing is for sure, avoid some Razer products. Razer has awful QC. Not saying that their products are bad, it's just that its plain wrong for a product at a high price to have build issues and problems.

SteelSeries, on the other hand, doesn't have a lot of hardware-related issues unlike Razer. Their products are well-built.

Logitech has been on the PC peripherals market for a long time. They pretty much know every aspect of a mouse because of their experience. So I say their products are top-notch in terms of build quality.

In the end, it's your own choice. Like Seymour said, find a way to test drive a mouse before buying it to see which is more comfortable to you. It also helps to have adequate research about it. Look for reviews on the internet. And also look for issues hardware/software-wise if any.

My last piece of advice: you should also invest on a good mouse pad. Again research is key. Look for the best possible mouse/mouse mat combo. Don't just place it on some cardboard. Buy a gaming mouse mat if you like because they tend to satisfy every mice out on the market whether its a gaming mouse or not. But any mouse mat would suffice as long as you've tested it before buying to see if its compatible with your mouse. Or else suffer the dreaded jumping cursor.

Propkid

Everything JF_o97 said is true.

Now, if you wanna get a new mouse I'm not sure about the wireless models; apparently the response time isn't consistent with those. Mouse pads are very important, but you also have to ask yourself how do you control your mouse? With solely your fingers (your hand resting in one spot on the desk) or with full hand (your hand not touching the desk at all, but your arm might be). If you play 'fingers' you should invest in a rather small and flat mouse, while if you play 'hand' you should invest in a larger mouse with a hump (like G700).

I for example have the Logitech G9 and sometimes I switch to an A4 X747. G9 is the smallest gaming mouse I've seen so far, and I have a pretty big hand so I play fingers on it. It has an 'interchangeable grip' (video) and I've switched to a grip without the hump on it. The X747 is more leaned towards a 'hand' grip and I use it just to learn to aim differently.

Some mouses are more universal like the M950 you linked, but then some are strictly made for either big hands or for a complete 'hand' control (MS Sidewinder. Seymour has biiiig hands). There is no single best mouse for everyone and every game, but eventually you'll find something for yourself.

Lanthus

Just as Propkid mentioned, your grip style will play a large part in deciding which type of mouse you will want to use. Razer has an illustration of grips here.

Determine your grip style then research which mice are recommended for that grip. Also, try out mice at a store like Seymour suggested.

I use a fingertip grip and a Logitech G9. If you prefer the fingertip or claw grip styles, you'll find that the G9 / G9x is one of the most recommended.

Heartsong

I like using small motions with just my fingers and I've been loving the Razer Orochi (which is actually a laptop mouse). I know the rest of Omni has been more or less extorted by Nept into buying the Logitech G9x. I had a Sidewinder for a long time which was good for the palm grip, but it actually made my wrist tired after a long session.

Like tons of people have said already, a mouse's worth is extremely subjective based on how you use it.

Royalty

The Aussie
Yeah so far I'm inclined more towards the Logitech G500. Does Amazon have shipping to Australia? Can anyone find out? Best price so far is $50 on Amazon, however it's sold for $80 at a local retailer. BTW will a mouse work on marble? Or will I need to get a mousepad?

Royalty

The Aussie
Currently I'm using Logitech MX 18 mouse and Steel Series mousepad. My LR went up mostly because of these gadgets :)
What's the best ping you can get in any server?
Thanks for that recommendation, I'll probably get that mousepad.
I know you can't be good without low ping, but I'm preparing for player hosted server! (That's if anyone joins the server- Americans will ping like *chocolate cookies*)