Is Legions running on the T3D engine, and is the AI still in The game?

Royalty

The Aussie
Since they are DM, why not just create bots that guard the flag?
Becuase once you get the flag, they'll leave you alone. Plus then they won't cap, and therefore won't be able to play CTF.
If you wanted to teach bots CTF you would have to do all of the following:
  • Teach them to defend their flag, chase the person with their flag, and return the flag.
  • Teach them to cap, grab, pass and catch flags.
  • Teach them a shitload of routes *more for variation purposes.
Having bot's who could play CTF would solve all of my problems! (Now that PHS are coming out)

Defender

I tested an older version of it on SS2845, its works, but you need AI Markers in maps for Bots to have a path to fallow around the map. I am hoping more Devs would let me know if the the AI in this games engine is unmodified, modified or removed..
With out the AI path markers the bots will still attack and run at you if they see you. For open maps no buildings to run in to, maybe the AI don't need path markers so much. I will release it If I get it working after the game is unlocked. I just can't include the .cs files, except the config file..

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
So you could theoretically create a path marker cap route (with directions that instruct the bot to OD and turn around)? If so, that's freaking awesome. I'd love to see a video of that.

Royalty

The Aussie
So you could theoretically create a path marker cap route (with directions that instruct the bot to OD and turn around)? If so, that's freaking awesome. I'd love to see a video of that.
Yep pretty much. If everything goes to plan.

Royalty

The Aussie
I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to have a Sentinel hold position and OD when an opposing player got within x meters (going x m/s).
Your right. However chasing, grabbing the enemy flag, and skiing home would be quite different.
Grabbing/ capping rely heavily on markers, and if there are none in the legions engine, this could be quite problematic.
Chasing, however I think could be done regardless of whether or not there are markers. I'm not quite sure about this, however Defender will definitely know.

Defender

It only cost 29.00 bucks to buy the AI starter kit, then we can share code... also the guy who made it likes to help...

Immanent

I tested an older version of it on SS2845, its works, but you need AI Markers in maps for Bots to have a path to fallow around the map. I am hoping more Devs would let me know if the the AI in this games engine is unmodified, modified or removed..
With out the AI path markers the bots will still attack and run at you if they see you. For open maps no buildings to run in to, maybe the AI don't need path markers so much. I will release it If I get it working after the game is unlocked. I just can't include the .cs files, except the config file..
Can you name the first working bot:
Aimbot?
Thanks bro

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Here's the thing... Bots with LR's: freaking unstoppable. Bots with anything else: junk (except maybe mortars). It's probably simply too hard to predict human movement for an AI in something like Legions.

Immanent

Here's the thing... Bots with LR's: freaking unstoppable. Bots with anything else: junk (except maybe mortars). It's probably simply too hard to predict human movement for an AI in something like Legions.

Bot's with CG and Plasma as well bro.

If bot's can hit with a success rate of greater than 50%, your player will die quicker than 2 LR shots.

Most pro chainers usually get around 50% in normal duels.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I can't really see them tracking them well, but I guess it's possible... You'll have to run some projection algorithms, but I guess it could be done.. Would be a pain...

Fixious

Test Lead
Bots will only be useful for shooting range/training maps. Expecting them to be viable in actual matches would be foolish.