iOD Blocking

Mhi200

Can someone explain to me what happens in the following situations please? (Mostly in terms of the velocities of the players involved)

1. Sent iODs into an oncoming capper before said capper activates OD.
2. Sent iODs into an oncoming capper after said capper activates OD.
3 and 4. Same as above, but the sent also point blanks with a rocket.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
If a sentinel overdrives a capper before he activates overdrive, the capper will be knocked away.

If a sentinel overdrives a capper in overdrive, the capper still has the potential of grabbing your flag.

The same rules apply when adding a rocket, only the capper will have a rocket blown through his chest as he's going out of your base.

Homingun

If a hof OD blocks you before you are able to activate your OD, then pray and hope that you come out of it with enough speed to activate your own OD and recover to grab.

As Ucan said, if a capper is able to activate his OD before an aware hof is able to OD block you, Then you have the chance to bounce through the hof's OD, recover and grab the flag with the 2 sec minimum OD limit.

Getting point blanked with a rocket as a capper regardless of OD spells respawn.

Mhi200

I'm actually looking at it from the point of the HoF lol. I asked because it's hard for me to tell clearly why they get through/don't get through when I'm in OD also. I take it if the capper does activate OD first, then it's just a matter of whether they can maneuver around the HoF/base elements, though I assume the capper will have the advantage in being able to knock the Sent away because they are generally going at a higher speed? Also, I read somewhere about the damage done by ODing into someone isn't in the game at the moment, does this change anything?(Other than the chance to kill the capper)

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Also, I read somewhere about the damage done by ODing into someone isn't in the game at the moment, does this change anything?(Other than the chance to kill the capper)
I suppose you are referring to OD nuking, which is a small amount of damage through a tiny explosion caused when you OD to death. I can attest that it is been brought back, as I was the recipient.

LindN

Can someone explain to me what happens in the following situations please? (Mostly in terms of the velocities of the players involved)

1. Sent iODs into an oncoming capper before said capper activates OD.
2. Sent iODs into an oncoming capper after said capper activates OD.
3 and 4. Same as above, but the sent also point blanks with a rocket.
1. capper knocked away
2. senti knocked away (chance for the capper to be damaged from the hit though)
3. senti is knocked back but won't have a big effect
4. senti is knocked back and capper is free to OD wherever he wishes

Mhi200

I suppose you are referring to OD nuking, which is a small amount of damage through a tiny explosion caused when you OD to death. I can attest that it is been brought back, as I was the recipient.

Yea thats what I meant. Didn't realize it was back yet, maybe I was reading an older thread.

Also, @Above, are you saying that a rocket exploding can cause a velocity change from 90m/s one way to (>0)m/s in the opposite direction?

nightside

If a sentinel overdrives a capper before he activates overdrive, the capper will be knocked away.

If a sentinel overdrives a capper in overdrive, the capper still has the potential of grabbing your flag.

The same rules apply when adding a rocket, only the capper will have a rocket blown through his chest as he's going out of your base.

just 10 minutes ago it happened the opposite to me lol.