Internet Services

I

IzRaPiDz

What internet provider are you with? Which one do you personally think is the best?

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Anyone that isn't BT will always use a line that you rent from BT. The only exception to this is if you have virgin fibre optic, then you will use their specific lines.

Generally I would recommend either BT or Virgin, more towards BT. Although Virgin in many areas have faster speeds, they are also less stable at peak times so be aware of that fact if you plan to be planning to be playing games plenty cause your ping will get *danced*. Virgin media also have area wide problems occasionally and will not admit it. In addition I have heard their customer service is poor.

As for cost, I play £~40 for 'unlimited' internet from BT including line rental. 40-50 down, 15 up. I know for virgin packages for that kind of speed, it would cost more than what I am currently playing BT.

Last edited:

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Anyone that isn't BT will always use a line that you rent from BT. The only exception to this is if you have virgin fibre optic, then you will use their specific lines.

Generally I would recommend either BT or Virgin, more towards BT. Although Virgin in many areas have faster speeds, they are also less stable at peak times so be aware of that fact if you plan to be planning to be playing games plenty cause your ping will get *danced*. Virgin media also have area wide problems occasionally and will not admit it. In addition I have heard their customer service is poor.

As for cost, I play £~40 for 'unlimited' internet from BT including line rental. 40-50 down, 15 up. i know for virgin packages for that kind of speed, it would cost more than what I am currently playing BT.
I have played/downloaded throughout the whole day with no ping or download issues... BTW.

Armageddon

Teapot
2887578355.png

Comcast, it's a lot better then it use to be but i still wouldn't mind hitting the promised 75d/15u that i pay 55.00$ for a month.
The only reason i'm with them is because they are the only cable provider in my area, the other providers only offer DSL or satellite and verizon doesn't service my area just yet.