Instead of overdrive....

Good idea or not?

• Total voters

Immanent

Somebody may have just nuked my post so I'll reiterate what I said:

Ping pretty much screws you over for all positions.

tyler137

Dude Im sorry I really can't picture you chasing, especially with your ping.
Taking away overdrive from legions: Overdrive is like taking the "happy" out of happy meal.
Overdrive is practically what defines this game.
True but if you could trade overdrive for speed would you need it?

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
It sure helps a sentinel...
and cappers :)
Cappers need Overdrive for some of their routes, sentinels use OD for bodyblocking and greater agility because cornering in a Sent doesn't work that well. There is going to be more 'cores' coming soon, one of which will give people the ability to heal themselves and hopefully those around them, and one will give people 'dodge' and more to come that we don't know about, and maybe I'm wrong about the two I've listed, but these things are being worked on.

Immanent

Cappers need Overdrive for some of their routes

To be honest, nobody uses OD routes on maps such as Forgotten, Zenith (only nubs), Core (only nubs), and maybe Fallout. Using overdrive in a caproute just drains too much health and reduces a lot of speed, so impractical for larger maps.

the ability to heal themselves and hopefully those around them

You mean substantially quicker than just health regain?

Royalty

The Aussie
Somebody may have just nuked my post so I'll reiterate what I said:

Ping pretty much screws you over for all positions.
If you can't get under 200 ping in any server, you will never be good at anything- apart from a capper.
If you can't get under 100 ping you will never be exceptional- your ping limits you so much.

I want player hosted servers/ Aussie Deds now!!!!!!!!!! Frigging 180 ping... :(

Abandoned

If you can't get under 200 ping in any server, you will never be good at anything- apart from a capper.
If you can't get under 100 ping you will never be exceptional- your ping limits you so much.

I want player hosted servers/ Aussie Deds now!!!!!!!!!! Frigging 180 ping... :(

To me, you are the only high-pinger that complains consistantly about their ping. No-one cares, keep knocking on the doors of devs and pester them about your ping. Things don't and wont always go your way, try to adapt, lead a-bit more, can't do that? Not my problem.

My suggesting to you is to get contact of an Aus ded yourself, if you can't, then you just gotta wait.

Vox

Okay I know it sounds funny but if you were say someone who defended and just sat on the flag would you really use overdrive? My suggestion is that you could trade overdrive for more health or even being able to move faster, things a capper or defender could appreciate. Oh and I still want a shotgun.

This idea is bad for a few reasons.
1. If your a hof, od is needed to stop cappers
2. If your an outrider or raider, you can use the contagious overdrive to catch up to the capper

Mahidhar

I find it really funny that, when someone suggests something, which they'd like to replace a certain aspect of the game. Everybody jumps on them, and say NAY!!. Few ideas like this provide more versatility to the classes of this game, I believe.

When a person chooses Sentinel, it doesn't always mean, that person is going to be HoF. They might wish to do other things, rather than just staying at the base and lobbing mortars at people. They might want to trade their iOD for extra health(as the OP said), or ski energy or whatever. iOD is useful, everyone knows that, but some players might want to let go of it, and get something else in return, which they think is in equivalence.

So to everybody here, stop telling the guy how important iOD is, and come up with stuff which it can be traded for, while being useful for the Sentinels.