inflating grenade launcher

Comashift

I don't know why this does it, but sometimes the grenade launcher seems to inflate back and forth constantly. I find this very distracting at times.

tacotrouble.png

see how they are different? they change back and forth a lot like this.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
I didn't see what you were talking about until I used Photoshop to overlay one atop the other and switch between them. That is odd.

I'd probably chalk it up to a fisheye FOV problem; if you're looking down, for instance, it might appear slightly different than if you're looking forward, because of how FOV is calculated. If that were the case, though, you'd notice something like this with every weapon, not just the GL.

Very curious.

Propkid

Stuff happens with every gun. Back when my PC was working i was busy making a 'bug compilation video' and this one is something i wanted to include.
More visible if you walk around the base on moonshine with CG. The texture detail level changes as you walk in and out of the shadow.

Comashift

It's your imagination.

Lol jk, that is very odd. Not to get off topic or anything, but if you don't tell me what HUD and 'Nade Launcher Ret that is, I'll rape you in your sleep and strangle you with a shoelace.
launcher and some of the HUD is from Ultraraptor's set. the health bars I sorta... forgot O_O sorry about that.

Comashift

You look down you hold your weapon different then you would do when you look up, that is all get over it.
yeah you see, the thing is that happens whether or not I look down. besides that would really not make any sense, if you look at the ammo holder (or whatever it is) on the launcher. I'm pretty sure it doesn't inflate when I look up or down.

Immanent

Dude, is it the effect that is similar to the one where you weapon shifts forward when your in OD?
IF that's so, it happens to me to when I'm in 3rd person. It usually occurs when your next to big objects, or moving INTO objects. But I highly doubt it's a bug.

Comashift

if this weapon were to shift forward, then how does it change from left picture to right picture? look carefully at the barrel beneath the grenade. I doubt a weapon changes that much when you look at it from another angle.

Lin

I get this alot, and not just with the nade launcher. When I'm in third person, I can see the whole upper torso region "inflate" pretty quickly, as if my player model were out of breath. It extends to the weapon in first person as well