In game recorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vox

if there was an in game recorder that we could turn on/off when we wanted, people could watch their shots or caps or whatever they do in the recordings. I would really enjoy this idea because i try getting recordings with fraps and i have only 30 seconds to record for each clip and i have poor fps (30-50fps) so when i record, the game lags and its harder for me to get shots. Also if this idea was incorporated, players could watch their clips from different angles if that was put into the idea. Tribes Vengeance(Yes tribes vengeance, the game that shouldnt be considered a tribes game by most) had this. I got very little lag from this in game recorder and the only disadvantage of the recorder was that i had to have the server files for the recording of the shot that i got in a specific server. to put it in simple way
I join server
Get recording
Try to view it
Game says i don't have files for that server.
it all depended on the server. some servers had different files than others.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Duplicate suggestion. Also, answered by Mabel in that thread. Locked.

Without significant work there will probably not be any rewind features as the engine doesn't have any facilities for serializing the entire game state. It's also doubtful that you'll be able to detach your camera from your player without the aforementioned changes, but slightly more possible than rewinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.