I think we need glass, real water and more....

I thought about this today, what if we started to have maps that involved huge cyber looking buildings that had glass and we were able to bust right through it or shoot it?

Or maybe real water, for an example, what if we were able to go underwater and not die or maybe float on it.

I also thought about more cool stuff for this game.
- Blur Effect
- Rain
- Fog
- Mirror Effect (on mirror's, glass or water)
- snow
- Night and Day (Changing time to time)

Anything in real life that can work in the game.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Water cannot be done like water, it can exist but it won't slow you down or be any different in any way. It's been gone over like a billion times. TGEA is not advanced enough to have glass like that, it's not Frostbite 2.

- Blur Effect - Like what? Lens flare?
- Rain - Already exists in Legions
- Fog - Already exists in Legions
- Mirror Effect (on mirror's, glass or water) - Too advanced for TGEA
- snow - Already exists in Legions
- Night and Day (Changing time to time) - Elaborate because there are night maps and there are day maps.

k e v i n

Private Tester
- Night and Day (Changing time to time) - Elaborate because there are night maps and there are day maps.
ooo here's an idea, maybe the game can start off with the sun rising and setting towards halfway through the game while the moon would be rising in the opposite direction, and by the end of the game, the moon would be setting and the sun would be rising

so basically half of the time would be played in the day and the other half would be played in the night

just a thought on toho's idea

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Planetside2 does that. It's a pain though and even with their method, you'll still see shadows tick away because they can't process real-time shadows for everything, even in their engine.

Dino

I thought about this today, what if we started to have maps that involved huge cyber looking buildings that had glass and we were able to bust right through it or shoot it?

Or maybe real water, for an example, what if we were able to go underwater and not die or maybe float on it.

- Blur Effect
- Rain
- Fog
- snow

We got snow :)

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster

- Blur Effect - Motion blur? what kind of person uses that?
- Rain - meh, we pretty much have that.
- Fog - we have that, try looking in the distance.
- Mirror Effect (on mirror's, glass or water) - meh
- Night and Day (Changing time to time) - on a 25 minute game? (although i still believe that elegiac was better at night.)

SNAKEOPS

Looks like none of my idea's are working out for this game :x

348.gif

RisingSun

Private Tester

- Blur Effect
- Rain
- Fog
- snow

Your ideas are appreciated, but since you didn't elaborate on each idea specifically (as Jordan was explaining), it is hard to even consider what the devs could do with it. If you have ideas, let your imagination role(within reason) and explain what they could accomplish :)

For example.
Night and day could mean anything. Having the map turn night and day to a specific user corresponding to whether or not it was night and day outside (highly unlikely).
Night and day were it turns night or day as you play the map (for a short 25 min it wouldn't seem very important, let alone change in 25 min)
Or have the map be night one match then day the other (seems reasonable but as mentioned you have to explain this not just say changing time to time)

Draconator

Dont tell me that you wanna add bullet drop also... Oh! and perhaps surpession effect... nah forget it.
It's ain't Battlefield 3 you're dealing with(and btw, mirrors and glass dont reflect your player there) or Crysis, it's Legions man... Dont forget that!
It still runs on the Torque engine(which is pretty outdated) so dont expect it to be something glorious.
I hope that Unity will change the way we see it.