I think we have a good number of maps now, yes?

Buhlitz

More maps are needed, it's only by trying new things that we find out which maps are successful and which maps are flawed. The more unique maps we push out the more chance we've got of finding a great map which everyone loves.

It's something which is being done alongside of gameplay changes, so don't panic if you think we're just going to release maps forever.

I really love the direction you guys are going with development these days, great job.

On topic, I feel there can never be enough maps because as more maps are created lesser played, less fun maps fall by the wayside, and this continues until eventually the legions community will have 10-15 maps that are all balanced, fun, unique, and universally loved. As I imagine in the pugs it's probably still Zenith, Frost, Fallout and now probably Stygian from the looks of it? As time progresses they will figure out what works best, and progress from there. From the looks of Fallout/Stygian I'd say someones on the right track.

Maps that are bad either need to actually be fixed, or removed.

"actually fixed" is a pretty subjective hard to nail down thing, I mean Blade Run is back in rotation ffs.

Abandoned

What I want to see someday, is that Frost and Zenith are the least played maps along with Nivo, Moonshine etc. People might not agree me on this one, but I think that the old Legions maps are actually very very very bad maps.

That would be me. As MJ said before, those maps were made based on the old legions build. The State of Empire address claims that everything is subject to change. Hell, we might have good maps that are released presently, but when some time flys by and we have a more developed game with cores, deployables, assets, new weapons, new physics. The maps we think are good now will become one of those very very very bad maps.

Libra

a water map would be great water beach sea lake ocean something with water or an outer space map lol on a space station

Fixious

Test Lead
I think I'm the only one who likes Gorge :(

On topic, I'm fine with the number of maps, so long as they're good. It's the rotation I'm not all that happy with. But with the way they're building recent maps(specifically bases), it's clear they're getting at least somewhat close to implementing inventory stations, generators and base assets.

AshleYy

I'd say it's around the same amount of maps that were available within any of the Tribes games, if not more.
Will there ever be a day people will stop comparing this game to Tribes? I know it's pretty much exactly like it, but still. It's not Tribes.

But anyways. There is no such thing as to much maps for Leejunz.[;

RainPilot

stinky bear
As I imagine in the pugs it's probably still Zenith, Frost, Fallout and now probably Stygian from the looks of it?

Lol what pugs? I haven't seen a pug in awhile, except for euro pugs and the ones where people literally beg people to play and it turns out to be a horrible and disappointing 10-0 game.

Abandoned

Will there ever be a day people will stop comparing this game to Tribes? I know it's pretty much exactly like it, but still. It's not Tribes. And I don't think the devs are trying to make this game exactly like Tribes.

The game was kinda built off Tribes, claimed as it's "Spiritual Successor".
Also most of the people in the legions community comes from playing Tribes. These guys are practically Tribes-Junkies and they can NEVER get enough.

MJ1284

Will there ever be a day people will stop comparing this game to Tribes? I know it's pretty much exactly like it, but still. It's not Tribes. And I don't think the devs are trying to make this game exactly like Tribes.
Isn't that what caused IA's downfall?

AshleYy

The game was kinda built off Tribes, claimed as it's "Spiritual Successor".

Oh. I didn't know.

P.S Regarding my last post if anyone thought I was trying to troll. Considering I got about 3 - 5 people saying I'm a troll last nite. I wasn't trying to be a troll.

Disci

Old man
Will there ever be a day people will stop comparing this game to Tribes? I know it's pretty much exactly like it, but still. It's not Tribes.

Have to say it's not even near to Tribes. Yes you ski and have jets in both games, but they work so much differently, that most of the Tribes players doesn't even like Legions. Gameplay is more like LT/cluster which are considered dumbed down Tribes mods and hated by majority of Tribes players. The reason why people are compairing it to Tribes is because there are elements of Tribes even when they differ huge amounts and dev team pretty much consist from old Tribes farts who, it seems, are pushing the game closer to what Tribes is/was. Yes, games are different, but only because the fundamental differences are so huge.

Calimo

Has anyone else noticed the panels behind the bases on Fallout? Or that on that new map Elegiac, there are two random towers at the other two corners of the map? Or on Stygian there is this random glowy box behind an ammo station... (speculating on the purpose for that one...)

..they are making new maps to compliment the game play changes that are going to happen... Unless I am totally misunderstanding what he meant (which I apologize for if I am.) GReaper said something along those lines in the first page. And on a side note... I'm sick of capturing a flag... I'm sick of playing the old maps. Don't get me wrong, they aren't all bad maps... But everyone knows the routes, everyone is comfortable with them...So...
Keep adding new maps, keep adding new content, progress the game, there will be mistakes in the process.. but they will be fixed (i'm looking at you combos.) and if this progression stays the course... this game Legions, will not continued to be compared to Tribes. We'll have Tribes comparing it to legions ;).
Legions will end up so much better than it is at the current state. Ya know, like Tribes!! (JUST KIDDING)

Trust the developers and be patient.

Keep up the good work devs. and don't stop with the maps!

I think I'm the only one who likes Gorge :(

No you're not! I love that map!

Homingun

Quality > Quantity

Spamming out maps with the hopes that a couple of them are fun and balanced is one of the things leading to a lower player base. Few players, experienced or not, are willing to waste their time playing bad(not fun) maps over and over again for the chance to play a good one. This might've been why Tribes didn't catch on as well as it should have.