I Blame This...

Arch

Legions Developer
For by bad chaining abilities.
Centered.png

Using even sized shapes will solve that. (Instead of a 3 px circle, use a 2 px circle)

Redvan

Private Tester
I never new that. My problem with chaining was related to a hyper high mouse sensitivity.

Arch

Legions Developer
I never new that. My problem with chaining was related to a hyper high mouse sensitivity.
Well, if you think about it, there is no odd sized screen resolution. Making the cross hairs have odd sized center dots doesn't make any sense. There's no middle pixel in even pixel sizes.

Can't see picture. Regardless, I don't even really use the ret while chaining (besides as a starting point). Follow the bullets young padawan!

Arch

Legions Developer
Howdu figure out the middle of the screen? I wanna center my sniper rifle ret
With Photoshop go to View>New Guide. Set one as horizontal and type "50%" in the box, and one of vertical with "50%" in the box.
Can't see picture. Regardless, I don't even really use the ret while chaining (besides as a starting point). Follow the bullets young padawan!
Weird. Yeah, a few pixels isn't going to affect your playing ability any, I just wanted to point it out.

As far as I can tell, the middle of the reticle image is the center rows of pixels, not the pixel borders:

dndu.JPG

edit: Just realised pretty much all playing resolutions have an even number of pixels both horizontally and vertically. So yeah, this thing is never going to line up with the center of the screen...

skypredator

That's why you open up your ret with Gimp, delete the dot in the middle, and replace it with a dot brush stroke that's 6, 4, or 2 pixels high and long. Worked for me. That's how I got so pr0 at ch41n1ng!!1! :cool:

Not really, I suck... :(

Arch

Legions Developer
As far as I can tell, the middle of the reticle image is the center rows of pixels, not the pixel borders:

edit: Just realised pretty much all playing resolutions have an even number of pixels both horizontally and vertically. So yeah, this thing is never going to line up with the center of the screen...
Unless you remake them with even sized shapes. 2x2 px square instead of the 3x3 px circle of the default. And moving the center dot down and to the right 1 px each.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
Cry sum moar, it used to be way more than just a pixel off...

(at least in 3rd person)

Learn2compensate!

Redvan

Private Tester
Well, if you think about it, there is no odd sized screen resolution. Making the cross hairs have odd sized center dots doesn't make any sense. There's no middle pixel in even pixel sizes.
my point was that the crosshair being 1 pixel off never affected my chaining ;P Chi-Ro put it best: Learn2compensate! ;)