Hurricane Irene

jickerjacker

Private Tester
lulz safety, I live in north Virginia and i just got back from playing laser tag outside in the hurricane for 3 hours with my buddies :p. If it makes you guys sleep any better we stayed away from trees and brought ponchos :D

RainPilot

stinky bear
lulz safety, I live in north Virginia and i just got back from playing laser tag outside in the hurricane for 3 hours with my buddies :p. If it makes you guys sleep any better we stayed away from trees and brought ponchos :D
Toughest man alive right here!

anak

VIP
thats really funny especially because there are tornadoes spinning off from the hurricane. killing people that were too dumb to evactuate. haha lulz safety

jickerjacker

Private Tester
we didn't have much of a tornado warning here, but I'm not gonna evacuate since I'm pretty much set with supplies, sandbags, etc. But a few hours ago Irene was blowing cars down my street so I had to go help my neighbors push them out of ditches :L. It's starting to really pick up actually, the baddest part of the storm is supposed to be around Midnight - 3 A.M.

lol yeah hours ago when it wasn't even that close to you guys... you were experiencing the outer edge

I'm leaving for round 2 of laser tag atm :)

RainPilot

stinky bear
I think Irene will be coming full blast somtime tonight or around 1am. Right now, all my windows are open! papers flying everywhere, it feels like I am in a wind tunnel a bit, it's great! Where I live, the wind get's channeled through the buildings and gets amplified.

RainPilot

stinky bear
Some more tips: Do not go into your basement for safety, since there is flooding, the water could easily spill into your basement and hit some electrical stuff and boom, you're dead. I'm not sure whether there are safety measures in some electrical stuff, but most don't. If you want to hide from this beauty, hide in a closet with tons of blankets and pillows.

EDIT: some friends of mine are trying to tell me a basement is the safest, the tornadoes aren't going to rip your house apart unless they are directly above you.

Arch

Legions Developer
So happy I live in inland NY right about now. Only supposed to 25mph winds and 2-8 inches of rain.

D

Doom Of Neroflame

well...problem is...we don't WANT to fill it...we want it empty so we can fill it in and get rid of it =(
aaa i seee just add sand and cement hurricane will do the mixing for you :p