How to get IP address from server

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I've been looking through the torque guide, and I haven't found anything that looks promising aside from NetConnection::GetAddress() which just yielded an error when used in-game.

So, how does one go about getting the IP address of the server they are currently connected to?

(Yes, this is for LTS)

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
That thing won't work if yo connected through console.

... Who connects through the console when playing an actual game? I mean, I can swap out the code without any sort of difficulty (it is just one line after all), but does anyone actually do that?

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
... Who connects through the console when playing an actual game? I mean, I can swap out the code without any sort of difficulty (it is just one line after all), but does anyone actually do that?
Does it matter?

Anyways. For example the master servers go down, you may still connect to the actual servers through console line. Or you simply don't wish your server to be visible to the master servers for one reason or another.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I'll swap it out, but the point of all this is so that the mod can validate that it is being used on an "approved" server (non-player hosted servers, though there may be exceptions) so connecting to a non-visible, private server isn't really necessary. I'll swap it though.

The_Horny_Rat

Will you be adding a way for server admins to display an info message to clients when they click on the server or connect?.... I'm talking about something like tribes has.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I haven't noticed anything like that in TA, but if you're just referring to something that is a little chatbox popup whenever they join, that's server side. If I'm thinking of something else, could you explain what you mean?

The_Horny_Rat

Yes,

It would be great to have a loading message, and a place to have info displayed when they click on the server.
Right now they just see who's playing in the server and thier score.
It would be nice to include in that chatbox, a place where server admins could post links to thier website or what ever info they want.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Umm... What does that have to do with the OP or LTS? LTS is going to be a client mod and what you're referring to is something for servers...