Hotswap packet loss problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinium

Private Tester
I'm having major problems w/ the hotswap servers dropping packets, resulting in constant "skipping" images while 300+ fps in addition to game freezes , that last 10-20 seconds followed by a rubberbanding 10-20 sec later. In a 10 minute window only 3-4 of the minutes are lag free. I myself am a net admin, and i have never seen pl quite like this.

http://www.filedropper.com/pingplotterfiles
Here is a zip file w/ the pingplotter results from my cable connection , taken during offpeak hours.
The lag appears to be well outside of my ISP's network.
I have pulled similar results from a local DSL, and fiber optic connections, the loss is showing up in the same place.

Is there anything i can do to get this resolved, all 3 ISP's are stating that the problem is outside their network and the hosting company , or their infrastructure provider needs to be contacted.
I took the time to try out some other game servers located in Chicago , but im not running into any lag issues.

Thx in advance,
_Trinium_

trinium

Private Tester
I've gotten confirmation that this problem is effecting players in both Norther California , Southern California and Nevada

GReaper

Grumpy
Please follow the instructions carefully.

10 samples is useless. Please upload the image from the pingplotter results as an attachment, don't link to 3rd party file sharing sites where I have to enter a damn CAPTCHA. Your 10 samples shows no packetloss to the server itself. Who is your ISP? What is the connection type? Are you using wifi or a wired connection? What is your exact location?

And also never claim that other people are having these issues, they should submit pingplotter results themselves.

trinium

Private Tester
I must have uploaded the wrong files .. didnt see an upload button somehow *durp*
Located around - Sacramento , California, USA - ISP's tested are ::
Cable: Comcast (residential) , DSL & T1 (both in the same office): ATT , Fiber:: Surewest
"I've gotten confirmation that this problem is effecting players in both Norther California , Southern California and Nevada"
Worded that wrong. I took samples from the last 2 areas myself when i was in town.
I forgot i opened this tread. Those PingPlotter results are outdated. I'll pull fresh data this week, and send it over proper.
"Your 10 samples shows no packetloss to the server itself."
I didn't run the whois/arin data , etc, or any other test's against each hope in the traceroute but the loss in those samples (limited as it is) looks to be outside the isp's network on the client end and it looked like it may have been somewhere in the hosting company or their infrastructure provider (hop 13-14 i think it was). That's why i wanted to send this over and have you take a look at this. I thought you might recognize the IP block/nslookup etc.
Again , sorry for the incomplete data/bad post ill get updated info for you , and upload it proper.

trinium

Private Tester
GReaper, u can close the tread if u want. Problem was coming out of 1 of ServerCentral's IL datacenters. I never got a detailed explanation but the problem is gone now. Now i just have occasional lag problems, none of which are registering any noticeable packet loss (if any).

Status
Not open for further replies.