[HELP REQUEST] Making the jet trails black

Propkid

I've tried everything that came to my mind so far. Can't get the jet-tards to become black just by editing the .JNG... Anyone knows how to make them black? I came up with the idea of making the light that makes them bright at the tips a black texture, but I don't know how.

masterluso

Ummm.... you could try making them a dark grey. From my understanding of .dds and .jng files, black=transparent, but I haven't ever tried it.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Ummm.... you could try making them a dark grey. From my understanding of .dds and .jng files, black=transparent, but I haven't ever tried it.
I would of thought that the whole Black to White spectrum would just be almost invisible, I'm not sure though, I haven't tried.

Propkid

Black trails aren't possible because they just become transparent. I've already tested this theory out.
duh thats what this thread is about- a workaround. Maybe someone with l33t skills in textures could tell us how to change the file format (so black is black) and not break the game. (EDIT: or do whatever just so that the trails are black. Anything. I'm desperate.)

Disci

Old man
I got some nice CG trails when I added black in the middle. It looks like that CG shoots 2 thin trails.