Help for new pc components

Noober

I must build a new pc for a friend.. he can spend 1000-1200 euro (for central unit only)
I can buy components by an industrial selling price company without paying tax (20/30% lesser than commercial price) so i can count a 1400 euro budget..
he want a strong pc.. anyone can help me to find best pieces for it?

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
sounds like that should get you a nice case, an

i7 2600k ( or a lower model if you want)

a radeon 6970, (asus make good graphics cards, so do sapphire. XFX are cheap with double lifetime warranty.)
(6950/6870 if you want to save money for lower performance) (Geforce 560ti/570/580 if you want to go that route, but they are more expensive)

an z68 socket 1155 motherboard. (asus make good motherboards, gigabyte and msi are also reputable.)
(look for ones with multiple PCI-e slots and maybe a couple of PCI slots, although these are mostly useless now.)

Corsair and seasonic make very good powersupplies, i would suggest the 700-1000w area (the higher graphics cards are power hogs, and a 850w+ psu will be able to give you room to upgrade if you want to.

RAM is something that doesnt really matter how much you spend on speed, just as long as you get DDR3. 8GB of ram will do fine, Corsair are a good brand. Get their vengance line if you want to spend on speed.

western digital make good hard drives, their 7200rmp 2tb drive will do fine.
(you could also spend money on an SSD if you have cash left over, samsung, OCZ, intel (Although intel are expensive.)

wifi cards arent a big thing to get worked up over if you buy them.

buy a good, big tower case. they are easy(er) to build in.

dont forget to add mouse,keyboard and monitor into the price (although i think you mentioned central unit, so does that mean you already have those)

RainPilot

stinky bear
Case: Haf 912 for cheapness, NZXT Phantom for sexiness!

Motherboard: Depends if you want to SLi / Crossfire

CPU: i7 2600k

RAM: Some 2 × 4 g.skill ram that's fast, check the speed of it as well. Some ram is cheap but it;s like 1333 mhz, get faster ram = faster stuff

Wi-fi: I use a USB one with an antenna, the PCI ones are a little troublesome ( for me at least)

graphics card: gtx 580 or just wait till Q4 for some nicer cards. My opinion of Sli/ xfire: buy the biggest baddest card you can find and avoid x-firing because most of the time the bigger card will be a litter cheaper/faster and less issues. (there are some issues where crossfired/sli'd cards are a little slow)

PSU: Seriously, you really don't need anything more than 750w. You can crossfire two 580's and still have plenty of power with 750w. People who tell you to get 800+ are using newegg's PSU usage calculator which is OBVIOUSLY rigged because they make more money off better PSU's use a different calculator and you'll see newegg adds like 300 to what you really need. I have a 650w corsair modular 80+ one and I love it.

HD: Samsung spinpoint 1tb, best thing ever.

Everyone has their opinions though

D

Doom Of Neroflame

search amazon for homeplugs they use house electricity to connect the internet to pc so its like a wireless wired thing so you get same net as wired but wireless ....net cable> plug> house.....> plug> cable> pc AND theres no way for someone else to connect to them if someones stealing electric from house because they have to be paired together

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
For that kind of money, /me drools.

Case, can be whatever you want, just make sure it has front USB 3 on the front though (One regret of mine is not having front USB 3 sockets.)

PSU: Really, I'd personally go for a 850w Corsair 85% effiecent one. You cannot go wrong with this.

Motherboard: The z68 chipset is so cheap now, there is no reason not to go for it. Make sure it has plenty of PCI slots, two 16x are a must if you want to crossfire/sli. Front USB 3 sockets too.

Processor: I think everyone agrees with this, intel i7 2600k.

Aftermarket cooler/thermal paste: You do want to overclock don't you? Not an expert in this area, but its worth it on your kind of budget. Get some of the good arctic thermal paste.

RAM: 8GB's is fine, get some high speed if you want, but look for RAM that has low timings - that will benefit the system more.

Hard Drives: One of the corsair SSD's 120gb's will do great for the system, just make sure to load your os and other key programs on there. I'd actually go for two 1TB drives and set up RAID to help prevent data loss seeing as the RAID system includes an SSD which can fail easily. 1 TB is more than enough anyway.

Graphic card: gtx 580, simply because Nvidia's 3D support is way better than AMD's. Avoid SLI though as performance gains aren't that great and other issues. I am a big AMD fanboy, but after looking at their 3D solutions, it really isn't that good when compared to Nvidia's. AMD's cards generally
benchmark just below nvidia's, but for a better price/performance ratio. As an added + battlefield 3 will run better with nvidia's cards due to Physx.

Extra's: Make sure you buy some extra fans, a wifi card if he doesn't had an ethernet line, oh and of course a badass blu-ray drive.

D

Doom Of Neroflame

soomething no one has mentiooooon....when you get your powersupply...make sure its compatible with motherboard, you can get 20pin and 24 pin make sure mobo has right amount of pins, other one is make sure its also compatible with GFX cards you can get powered gfx cards from motherboard or you get cable from powersupply to gfx card...my powersupply has cable for gfx but gfx card is powered thru motherboard.

also not one person has mentioned....with your RAM memory make sure its 64bit operating system otherwise its pointless geting more than 4GB ram and make sure your ram is compatible with motherboard some sites show what ram and CPU's will work with motherboards but if you buy from a shop look online for compatibility before buying memory cos its cheap or looks nice or says hyperthread

Noober

soomething no one has mentiooooon....when you get your powersupply...make sure its compatible with motherboard, you can get 20pin and 24 pin make sure mobo has right amount of pins, other one is make sure its also compatible with GFX cards you can get powered gfx cards from motherboard or you get cable from powersupply to gfx card...my powersupply has cable for gfx but gfx card is powered thru motherboard.

also not one person has mentioned....with your RAM memory make sure its 64bit operating system otherwise its pointless geting more than 4GB ram and make sure your ram is compatible with motherboard some sites show what ram and CPU's will work with motherboards but if you buy from a shop look online for compatibility before buying memory cos its cheap or looks nice or says hyperthread

In past i always bought powersupply with 20 and 24 pin adaptor, xion or nexus have both. i know i must mount a 64 bit os for more than 4 gb ram but thx!