Health Regeneration

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] Besides I don't think bumping an old giant thread would be wise specially if the topic is curved around new content being added. [...]
Noone told you to bump the thread, but to read it, and to realize that discussions on this topic are a bit premature at the moment. ;)

Things are planned, things will be tested. Then will be the moment to talk about it. Right now, it's quite fruitless.

Royalty

The Aussie
As everyone probably knows theres a health regeneration currently in legions, and the thought of adding deployables and repair packs makes me wonder if this health regeneration would become obsolete. Also the idea that now each player might have a more unique role with the various cores. If one of the cores will be a repair pack, i would think of this role more of a medic role and maybe this role should be the one with automatic health regeneration, thus making the repair core more useful.
I like the current health regeneration when you aren't using jets. Leave it as it is...

skypredator

You're definitely close to perfection when it comes to the second last. Nothing to be proud of though.

Oh, G, you never spoke truer words! It's taken years of practice to perfect this fine art, called "Annoy". Must I call in a grammar teacher? *jab, jab* ;)

Fixious

Test Lead
You should add, like, a shield for the players. And then have health bars below it. Once the shield dies it chips away at the health bars.

SO ORIGINAL.

I like the current health regeneration when you aren't using jets. Leave it as it is...
+1

Ive been trying to see what adding health packs etc and taking away regeneration will add to the game and all I can see it will do is add a level of complication that will slow the game down unless it is implemented better that the tribes one, I came to hate the load out stations after going to them each and every respawn a few 100 times. Im sure it will increase the importance of roles in the game but I just dont think the cost is worth making this change, I used the regeneration pack nearly all the time in tribes anyway.

while legions desperately needs another layer of interest I dont support anything that will slow down the current 'instant action' style of legions, a new game mode like basket ball, a few new GOOD maps and weapons should do the trick.....oh and map voting so I never have to play Gorge again in my life.

I had just been thinking the other day while dueling someone who was an outrider and me a raider how balanced it was that while he takes damage easier than me he would regenerate so fast if he was able to hide from me at all. I think this part of legions works well.

Fixious

Test Lead
Give players health kits at spawn.
Allow them to be picked up from their corpse by other players.
Rejoice.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Give players health kits at spawn.
Allow them to be picked up from their corpse by other players.
Rejoice.
We talked about that a lot on whitewhale's thread about the same. There's a risk of CTF being turned into more of a deathmatch thing and it could draw away from the game.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
Why don't we just put in perks and special stuff for kills streaks. We can include dogs, helicopters etc.

dogs with jetpacks. YES.

Black_and_white_dog_in_a_spacesuit_with_a_jetpack_100803-204879-518009.jpg

MJ1284

We talked about that a lot on whitewhale's thread about the same. There's a risk of CTF being turned into more of a deathmatch thing and it could draw away from the game.

Not really, I can't recall many occasions in Tribes 1 where CTF match turned into such DM respawn killfest. You could only hold one health kit and you can pick up enemy's health kit ONLY if that person didn't use it, hench one-two players dominating respawn zones wasn't that big of an issue.

Current system encourages to DM more that health kits, saying that infinite health regen is better than health kits in online FPS game is just plain silly.

Crisis12096

I'm sure whatever is done will be done in a way that will not affect other game play. If the intention was to throw out content and not worry about anything else, there would be tons.

So everybody relax.
Keep the ideas rolling.