Grenade counts

DOS4/GW

What do you guys think of there being different grenade counts for each type of armor? Maybe Outriders could have 3, Raiders 5, Sents 7? Discuss.

Mahidhar

This is a nice idea. Heavier classes get a little bit of prominence this way. It definitely deserves a test run, in my opinion.

Propkid

What do you guys think of there being different grenade counts for each type of armor? Maybe Outriders could have 3, Raiders 5, Sents 7? Discuss.
-1 Sents stay in base anyway, so they can reload all the time. 7 nades would mean a lot of frag-combo BB... and Outriders are disadvantaged at combat in comparison to Raiders anyway so don't put them down even lower just cause you think that 'a smaller guy should carry less grenades' -.-

Reduce the amount of grens for all classes to 3.
+1
Please

Disci

Old man
Less grens = less spam. Forces people to think more when to use them. Do you wanna do combos rather than save 1-2 for possible chase situation etc.

Mahidhar

Funny thing. Being a HoF, the heavy barely moves to the ammo stations, because in maps other than Nivosis and Moonshine, the ammo boxes are either far away from the flag stand, or are on higher ground(most times both). Therefore, the heavy would simply respawn.

On the other hand, when Outriders LO, they linger at higher places bombarding the flag stand, while staying close to the ammo boxes. The HoF could use those extra hand grenades to defend himself from those ever-floating stick men.

Mahidhar

I wouldn't call iOD and Cluster Grenades to count for "pretty well equipped". iOD does not give the HoF an advantage. It would simply be a choice, whether to take the hit or iOD. I have fought against HoFs a number of times, and annoyed them enough to get them, to keep iODing upwards for the height advantage. By the time, they actually gain height, they have lost enough amount of health for me, to finish them off.

The Cluster Grenade is only powerful when it hits the enemy on the ground, you cannot mid-air cluster the person. And how many times have you actually dueled a HoF on even ground? There are plenty of places in every base, for an enemy to get above, and render the cluster useless. Not only that, but if you're not at a good height from the plane and shoot the grenade, it will just bounce up and explode, releasing the clusters in all directions.

DOS4/GW

Outriders are disadvantaged at combat in comparison to Raiders anyway...

Completely disagree. Harder to MA, chain, floats forever, more maneuverable, and the lack of armor isn't really that big of a disadvantage, ever since the splash damage adjustment. It can easily go toe to toe with a Raider.

And as far as the amount of grenades you can carry, nearly ever attribute of a particular class is relative to its size: number of weapons, amount of ammo, speed, maneuverability, etc. It makes the game more believable, and more fun. If it creates a balance issue (though I doubt it will), it's probably best to leave it how it is. But this isn't a shallow or empty reason.

With the different types of nades that may be added to the game, I very much doubt that the counts will remain how they are.

Propkid

Completely disagree. Harder to MA, chain, floats forever, more maneuverable, and the lack of armor isn't really that big of a disadvantage, ever since the splash damage adjustment. It can easily go toe to toe with a Raider.
CG= out goes the outrider. Also MAs aren't that much harder when you look at how much more rewarding they are vs an outrider. Greater damage AND impact (also, note that the hitboxes for sent, raider and OR are the same size).
For rookies OR might be even OP, but in end game it gets a bit weak in combat