Getting rid of pixelization

Lin

I've played around a bit with modding and skinning, but I keep running into a pixelated look when It loads up in game. Can anybody help me out with this?

If you're dealing with alpha layers, it could be that you're using the wrong type of .dds compression.
If memory serves, I remember running into a similar problem at some point.
Can't remember which needs to be used for each type of file.
Just do some experimenting on types of alpha layers you use etc.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
dx 5 is the best compression and has the best overall range of colors... i made link about a new dds converter off the nividia website, this might help if your using photoshop.

It's really best for you to show us what the problem is. We can keep posting more suggestions, but we're kind of flying blind here.

Lin

If you look at the chaingun skin i just made http://www.mediafire.com/?sbyb7wne44tc3gc (i swear this isn't an attempt to get more downloads) you can see on the top portion of the image where the helixes are that they don't curve smoothly, but have pixelized bumps on the edges, like they go up in steps.

My screen resolution is 1366*768, and I believe i'm working at 72 ppi

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
well not downloading that, it could be video card related and/or whether or not your running legions lite.. pretty sure some of the settings lowers the detail quality so that things render faster. Anyways you can increase the resolution to maximum of 1024x1024, which might be just enough to break the pixelation. You got to understand the chaingun barrels are rendered on a slate of skin thats probably only 200 pixels thus theres probably some stretching involved which would cause your pixelation.

Lin

And by showing, I kind of meant a screenshot. You're not making it easy for us to help you out :p
I think you may be misinterpreting my question. It's not an in-game thing, it's occuring when I edit images, like the files for reticles or skins.

for example, I'll upload two reticles I use.
RocketReticle01.png
This one comes out smoothly circular
SniperReticle_NoZoom.png This one, which I made myself, is clearly divided into individual blocks.