Get this on steam!

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
The devs are contractually bound not to generate a profit off it and I don't think they want this on steam for various reasons...

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Fireblasto, as usual, is just babbling. Yes, the team is not able to make any money with this project. No, that doesn't necessarily rule out seeing Leejunz on steam. But getting games on there is a) not easy, and b) should definitely not be done for Leejunz until it's in a far more finished state (the same reason why you don't see any advertisement etc.).

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Fireblasto, as usual, is just babbling.

<3 you too. Gheist gets very annoyed with me.

On topic: I did provide one of the main reasons, but I'm not the most avid steam user, so I never knew there was even a free section.

Pushi

You think making a contract with Vavle's steam and all that is that simple ? Jeez guys really you have to think about your ideas twice before you just ramble something out that might seem nice to you.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
You think making a contract with Vavle's steam and all that is that simple ? Jeez guys really you have to think about your ideas twice before you just ramble something out that might seem nice to you.
Who said it was simple?

Propkid

But once Legions is finished then putting the game up on Steam would IMO do no harm. Oh and I'm sure that if you dig for long enough in the license w/ a lawyer or any expert then you'll be likely to find a workaround for generating profit from the game. The first thing that comes up to my mind when thinking of a workaround is the way Treyarch is generating money from Black Ops multiplayer servers.
Anyway Steam integration would be nice in the future.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
But once Legions is finished then putting the game up on Steam would IMO do no harm. Oh and I'm sure that if you dig for long enough in the license w/ a lawyer or any expert then you'll be likely to find a workaround for generating profit from the game. The first thing that comes up to my mind when thinking of a workaround is the way Treyarch is generating money from Black Ops multiplayer servers.
Anyway Steam integration would be nice in the future.

That'd be pretty dishonest, and would just about destroy the reputation of the development team. In my eyes, at least, honor trumps paycheck.

Nvidia

As that german nut cracker and others always say: "Legions is far from finished!" ~ Game Over!
Just wait till Legions is finished. Maybe then we will have a chance to see Legions on steam or other ways to make Legions public. and i really mean public, not just what we have here...