Game credits

Dino

Ok so I figured out a good way to make the game a lot more better by adding Game credits. Here i will show you some of the stuff I came up in my dream last night about legions.

How to earn game creds
So to get your game creds you've gotta shoot some people down in the main game. So say I shot someone down in legions I get 1 creds. But if I shoot someone in MA and kill them I get 2 points.

Where will my game creds be shown?
Ok the game creds will be shown in the box you start with where you click play and update, in the top left corner and every time you click update the game creds automatically get transferred into the score.
What do I do with the creds I have earned?
Ok this I think would be a really good hit in legions. Once you have earned enough game creds you can buy some special ammo in this link here.

How much will it cost to buy the ammo
I'm not sure but the devs might be able to think this out a good price for some good ammo.

Where do I go to buy the ammo
A link would be embedded onto the starting page of legions (update and play box) in the top right hand corner.From there you can buy your ammo.

Hope the devs take this on board in the current stages of BETA as this will make a big improvement to the game.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I dunno, Seymour's not a big fan of unlockables that gives an edge to one player over another. Also, it might be frustrating for new players who have not earned this special ammunition yet. Another issue would be pugs/scrims, would the team that has more players with special ammunition hold an advantage over the team who has not earned any game creds yet? And you might run into issues where players grind for game creds (say get their friend on the other team and MA each other over and over again).

Nvidia

I dunno, Seymour's not a big fan of unlockables that gives an edge to one player over another. Also, it might be frustrating for new players who have not earned this special ammunition yet. Another issue would be pugs/scrims, would the team that has more players with special ammunition hold an advantage over the team who has not earned any game creds yet? And you might run into issues where players grind for game creds (say get their friend on the other team and MA each other over and over again).
Call of Duty works like that too just with other weapons. Sure it's hard as a level 1 player to kill someone on level 50 with his full equiped weapons.
Yeh i know "but this is Legions and not CoD" :rolleyes:

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Just feels to me that it's adding a layer of grinding to an action game. I'd much rather have all of my weapons/items/ammunition types available from the get go. Let me experiment with them right away instead of forcing me to play through countless maps in an attempt to earn credits to buy the cool stuff.

Dimitryy

i want buy my invisible mode with it :)
or cool rainbow trails or magic flieing unicorns you can ride to save your energy :)
2007-09-14-happy-pink-unicorn.jpg

or faster overdrive or colored overdrive or sky-packs or a compass with your team on it or a little map you can open to see whats going on or bioculars to mark enemys or more sniper power for long-range shots .....

i am sure there is a way to add a system like this without giving new players a disadvantage

Dino

I (say get their friend on the other team and MA each other over and over again).
ok seymore hmm this would be frustrating but if we set a rule and a limited amount of people like 6 becasue when 6 players are in the acctual game starts then the game creds start to come

D

Doom Of Neroflame

all i can think of its riptacks crdits being over 9000.................and others,

and then other people would be killed to quick and never get credits and there would be 2 groups....ones with benifits and the ones who will get anoyed and ragequit

Application-1

test bester
Oh god please keep the MW unlockable *chocolate cookies* away from here. A game can be enjoyed to the fullest if everyone has the same stuff that everyone does. No gear > skill here.

Nvidia

Well what would be if we just could compare the points?
If we get points for kills, caps, returns, like during a game and those are added to a list somewhere and everyone could check those list.
Than we could see who is better and stuff like that.

Lin

I would be fine with it if:
1-The unlockables are purely aesthetic, not gameplay changing in any way.
2-Things are bought, not rented.
3-Nothing should take longer than say...5-7 matches to save up for.

Lcam

I realy, REALY like this idea.
Maybe not for weapons ore skills.
But if it be great custiomizing your character with points. Unlock differents colors of your armor, guns , ore get new voices.

That there are two types:

Type one UNLOCK WITH CREDITS GAME (FREE) (you can unlock items with Cradits Game)
Custiomizing your character, select and change the color of your armor (Red, Blue, yellow, purple, green ...)

And other UNLOCK WITH "Premium Points" that would require the use money.
In the Premium Points Galery, needs to be Exciting things
Change the color of you armor (White, black, black with flames, with skulls, a Bengal tiger color, etc.)
Accessories like a cowboy hat, helmets of different types (Gladeador, astronaut ...)

Change the turbines in a different style (angel wings, demon wings, etc...)

OFF-TOPIC

I really hates what are you doing SeymourGore, I have never seen a suggestion that you put " good idea...", and if you put "I dont like it" all your 56 followers are going to put "I dont like it", if you put a stupid jock, all your followers are going to put "stupid jock"

And all the others members, it is really stupid, post idiots stuff just for get a "like".

So now I get a lot folegar make a suggestion, because is know are not going to be considered.

HVanquish

If you got new ammo (assuming it would be more powerful than previous ammo) for credits, that just lets whoever has the most credits get even more credits and make playing certain players be like having Seymour sit on you.

Abandoned

Maybe you havent experienced during the IA had unlockables with the use of real money, now back then those features never affected gameplay. New players still had the same firepower as the elitists' but the elitists' might have had cooler looking skins and voicepacks. This encouraged the new players to keep playing, see what its like, maybe even use their cash.

Now heres the problem: You mentioned "And other UNLOCK WITH "Premium Points" that would require the use money." this community and whole project is a 'non-profit' production. Bringing these features is only going to attract problems to the beloved Devs.

Be thankful of what the Devs have brought to you.

Dimitryy

it would be cool to have a fun-server where you can use the credits you earned it the other servers.
in this server nobody would complain about how unfair the new ammo or whatever you can buy with the credits is ... because its just a fun server made to use the credits or to try out new weapons, ammo or physics.

also , Mabel had those following rockets on the US-ded server at IA.
maybe you could buy those rockets (maximal 2 or 3 of them per game) with a very high sum of credits ... or a binocular to mark an enemy and than shoot him with one of those rockets :D

NeoNugget

This aint halo. Bruh.

Change the color of you armor (White, black, black with flames, with skulls, a Bengal tiger color, etc.)
Accessories like a cowboy hat, helmets of different types (Gladeador, astronaut ...)
Change the turbines in a different style (angel wings, demon wings, etc...)

I really, REALLY hate this idea.:rolleyes:

you must be a fairy in real life. I will go put a tooth under my pillow.

A2

Something he dreamt...
I'd support this idea if it was mainly for DM. As said before, if credits was implemented in CTF, players could get deviated in doing just one thing, and the focus towards CTF will be lost.

But again, if creds were gained not only by killing, MA'ing etc, but placed on captures, flag returns and stuff related, this wouldn't be the worst of the ideas.

In one way, acquiring credits can promote sense of challenge in a game, that keeps the players playing.

Siantlark

I think it would be fine if the whole thing was implemented as a joke and the creds would unlock some really pointless stuf.

Like an unlockable poster of a giant pink Unicorn or something.
But otherwise it would be pointless and just encourage killing people in a CTF oriented game.

OFF-TOPIC
I really hate what are you doing SeymourGore, I have never seen a suggestion where you put " good idea...", and if you put "I dont like it" all your 56 followers are going to put "I dont like it", if you put you're a stupid jock, all your followers are going to put "stupid jock"

And all the other members, it is really stupid, post idiotic stuff just to get a "like".

So now when I make a suggestion, I will not put it up because i know it is not going to be considered.

Lcam: You might not know it but just because two or more people agree on something doesn't mean that the first one to say something has some sort of control over the other. The whole point of being able to respond to a suggestion is to find out whether it can be improved, is fine the way it is, or needs to be scrapped. Personal attacks on other people don't really help your point go over really well. It just makes you look like a jerk.

Also cheer up. Someone other than Seymour might agree with your suggestions.

skypredator

i want buy my invisible mode with it :)
or cool rainbow trails or magic flieing unicorns you can ride to save your energy :)
2007-09-14-happy-pink-unicorn.jpg

or faster overdrive or colored overdrive or sky-packs or a compass with your team on it or a little map you can open to see whats going on or bioculars to mark enemys or more sniper power for long-range shots .....

i am sure there is a way to add a system like this without giving new players a disadvantage

I made Rainbow-colored Trails. You know you want them.

Edit: Lcam, I like the idea of customized Jet-wing shields. Maybe if they had vents on them, or dragon decals. Just different designs in general would appease me.

old_bag.jpg

Abandoned

Remember guys, every suggestion you make, turns Mabel into a more rage-state.

I wouldnt be making suggestions like 'fun-servers'. Only those which are on the very top priority. Making a new server isnt just a simple thing, having to find the best location for everyone and running the servers cost money.