Frostbyte Nade Jump Capping

phanakapan

Private Tester
i wouldn't call them amazing, in fact two of them can be done with just a standard rj off the ground, though they are a bit slower that way. the only difficult one is the third one and i still think it could make it to the actual flag, but after about 20 minutes of trying i settled on that one.

phanakapan

Private Tester
the ones where you turn left instead of right are really the only ones where a nade jump is necessary, but on all of them the speed is quite a bit better.

Buhlitz

I'd actually like to see someone use the nade jump like a down grapple to Cut down on the hang time.

Mid air downward rocket jump. Dunno, haven't even used a nade yet but they seem fun.

phanakapan

Private Tester
people downward nade jump constantly blitz. i use it all the time when i catch flags at home and need to cap before incoming front cappers and egrabs. there are also lots of routes that become a lot faster from nade jumping down a slope instead of rjing at the bottom.

people downward nade jump constantly blitz. i use it all the time when i catch flags at home and need to cap before incoming front cappers and egrabs. there are also lots of routes that become a lot faster from nade jumping down a slope instead of rjing at the bottom.
I don't know to what extent real physics are involved in the movement, but I'm pretty puzzled. I remember Mabeline saying the frag combo exerted just as much force per damage taken as a rj. Given you don't hurt yourself more than you would with a rj, would you go faster by nade jumping down a slope than rocket jumping off the bottom?

Disci

Old man
I don't know to what extent real physics are involved in the movement, but I'm pretty puzzled. I remember Mabeline saying the frag combo exerted just as much force per damage taken as a rj. Given you don't hurt yourself more than you would with a rj, would you go faster by nade jumping down a slope than rocket jumping off the bottom?

Why don't you go and test it out yourself and then make your own judgement if it's usefull or not.

Buhlitz

Well like I said, I haven't really been playing and have never even seen a nade except for that video. It's just when I saw what it did I started thinking as a capper for how I can use it. I imagined people had done it, I just would like to see it. Hopefully I'll have my new computer soon. I have hundreds of routes I need to re visit now.

phanakapan

Private Tester
Aereo: to put it the most simply, your post proves my point. you can't easily and directly use the grenade launcher (which does more damage and has more force accordingly) to jump while on the ground, but you can in combination with the hand nade while in the air. nade launcher+hand nade jump > rocket jump

the part about doing it while falling vs on an up slope is related more to jet management and maximizing gravity combined with down jetting to gain speed at optimal times, but i will let you figure that part out by trying it out :)