For those who don't know....

Frost

TEAMS BEING BALANCED =/= # OF PLAYERS ON EACH TEAM

For instance,
Alpha score: 9
Beta score: 1

It's fine for alpha to have 3 or so players LESS then beta

In games before whining about uneven teams look at the score AND at the number of players on each team before saying anything.

This isn't exactly a rant it's more of a mini guide for idiots. And before people rant and rave or complain on this thread (though I don't know why you would) 9/10 I switch to the losing team during a game.

Edit: I probably should have stuck this in in the first place
Contrary to popular belief the thread is NOT to start a flame war about elitists etc. The point of it is to (as it says) make people more aware about circumstances regarding team balance. Who decides to switch and who doesn't is irrelevant in this situation so comments should really stick to supporting or not supporting

FlyerRadio

Read through the other thread and all I'll say this is: I agree, a large amount of games go 10-1 because of "top" players all being on the same team and refusing to switch. The elites say PUB games suck, full of noobs and llamas. But PUB games and noobs are the future of this game. Without actually attracting new players, the Legions ship will eventually sink. There's been a few posts on the elite community's less-than-helpful attitude towards new players, so I won't repeat what's already been said. But "top" players spamming quickchat (Idiot! Rookie!) and rubbing new players the wrong way combined with one sided teams half the time is shooting the long-term health of the game's community in the foot.

Just sayin. I invite a few friends to play. They get rocked for 8 rounds, no help from other players, shat on by other players. They don't come back. They play COD, I die from a broken heart.

Moji

I dont really pay too much attention to the scores, im too focused on learning so I can catch up with you ridiculous players. If I see someone say something though I generally switch and hope others would too. What's the point in stacking teams if you're not trying to cap out a map everyone hates? It's just not fun and empties the servers.

OP wants to prolong the inevitable.
Of course there are times when teams are uneven, but when the score is 9-1, why would you drag the game on further only to have the team with 9 points win by camping? There's no fun in that.

Buhlitz

what you mean egotistical elitist players stack pubs?

Selfishness vs the greater good, there are similarities with how we live our life as a species.

Removed erroneous, flame-bait content

Frost

Contrary to popular belief the thread is NOT to start a flame war about elitists etc. The point of it is to (as it says) make people more aware about circumstances regarding team balance. Who decides to switch and who doesn't is irrelevant in this situation so comments should really stick to supporting or not supporting

Outlawl

Macabre
OP wants to prolong the inevitable.
Of course there are times when teams are uneven, but when the score is 9-1, why would you drag the game on further only to have the team with 9 points win by camping? There's no fun in that.

You're missing the point this thread is trying to make. It's addressing the issue of teams being uneven/imbalanced in the first place, not the result of it.

Also, it's doubtful the winning/stacked team will disband after the quick map. Theres a a pretty obvious reason they're stacking that team; to curb-stomp the pub. Assuming that all will go back to normal after the 10-0 map, is most likely not true, seeing as though the players have no problem re-stacking the teams in their odds.

Frost

You're missing the point this thread is trying to make. It's addressing the issue of teams being uneven/imbalanced in the first place, not the result of it.
This. Along with the misconceptions of having equal numbers of players on each side makes the game even. Breaking it down further would be going into levels of skill which would start flame wars so I kept it basic.

Aki

This could be fixed with a simple player shuffle each round. The problem is that PUBs' teams are [mostly] static between rounds, so if the teams get unbalanced, they STAY unbalanced.