Foliage

Vinzyboy23

Okay, I just noticed this but those grasses in Moonshine has been removed, I think it has to be removed to improve the smoothness of the game. But take a look at this old Moonshine screenie.

05_torque-3d_Fallen-Empire_Legions.jpg

Take a closer look if you don't noticed that, but my Foliage is set to on.

Aki

How come that video from 2006 appears to have much better graphics, using the same engine, than what we have been playing since IA? Not to mention ginormous maps and a very different sense of scale? What exactly is it, anyway? It seems to be an early version of Legions, but it's so very different...

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
unfortunately the game is more focused on how it plays then it is to how it looks, look at the maps like forgotten, quary, mirage, and few others are all good maps and designs but unless its balanced right and performs well it gets hacked. I loved the original concept core had, compared to now its not even a lava map anymore.

Not everyone has a beastly pc, however with the prices coming down so dramatically I don't see how someone wouldn't be able to run some of the graphics. I mean look at tribes vengeance has more graphics then legions, and it was released over 5 years ago!!

I guess the question is... where do you draw the line at?

Another question is why take something out when the user should be able to adjust settings for performance... probably one thing that legions might need before any official launch.