Floor Texture question...

I

IzRaPiDz

Why is it that when I import my own textures to the game, the texture appears black on the ground?

Jello

Contributor
it happened to me too, when you make map try leaving everything as is but just change the name (under game type) to whatever your map name is after that don't touch anything else....if that doe'snt work then I don't know how to resolve that issue

Defender

Why is it that when I import my own textures to the game, the texture appears black on the ground?
Sounds like your changing the detail texture in the mission file too, are you?
Take a look at my maps, I use new detail, and terrain textures in many of them..
To work in Legions, they must be no larger than 1024x1024 or 512x512 and commonly jpeg or png types..
256x256 are the default sizes used for a lot of the terrain textures, but larger sizes look better on some terrain block sizes..
Can you see your new terrain textures in the editors terrain painter?

I

IzRaPiDz

Sounds like your changing the detail texture in the mission file too, are you?
Take a look at my maps, I use new detail, and terrain textures in many of them..
To work in Legions, they must be no larger than 1024x1024 or 512x512 and commonly jpeg or png types..
256x256 are the default sizes used for a lot of the terrain textures, but larger sizes look better on some terrain block sizes..
Can you see your new terrain textures in the editors terrain painter?

Well. Basically I can see the textures in the terrain painter, but when applying it the the terrain (click on the terrain), it turns black. I'm not editing the terrain files or anything.

Defender

Delete your old lighting file first, that seems to work best for me before doing a full relight.
You can use the faster terrain relight option too, as you work on the terrain, it helps to see how the sun shadows change on the terrain..

I

IzRaPiDz

Hmm.. Seems like they're not showing up in the terrain painter too. Sorry, I thought they was...

I

IzRaPiDz

In fact, got it. Yeah it was the dimensions. Thanks a lot guys.