Flag as a sensor

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Something I'd like to see is to have the flag, when thrown by a capper, provide IFF intel in a certain radius for the chasers to see because I find it irritating when some capper leaves the base, and then throws the flag to gather health and I don't know where they've gone with respect to the flag because there is nobody else there. Also, being able to monitor the capper's health as they heal so we know when they're most likely to make a move.

I think you should go look up the RadioFriendly flag sounds.
They alert you in flag events.

Actually, one thing I would like, is a light shining from the flag like in Starsiege because it gets irritating when I dive bomb for a flag only to find out it was on the other side of a hill.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Something I'd like to see is to have the flag, when thrown by a capper, provide IFF intel in a certain radius for the chasers to see because I find it irritating when some capper leaves the base, and then throws the flag to gather health and I don't know where they've gone with respect to the flag because there is nobody else there. Also, being able to monitor the capper's health as they heal so we know when they're most likely to make a move.

You've raised a very good point, but I was thinking more about chasers and force returns.

Siantlark

Actually, one thing I would like, is a light shining from the flag like in Starsiege because it gets irritating when I dive bomb for a flag only to find out it was on the other side of a hill.
This is something I hate. I come up thinking that I'm gonna be able to help out the capper and then notice that they're over the hill not in that dumb valley.