• Third Person

Votes: 32 26.0%
  • Switches between

Votes: 60 48.8%

• Total voters

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
MAJOR DIFFERANCE:

First person, but with the weapon removed to give me a greater view of the surrounding, so it is really a 'middle path'

Yoda5891

Definitely 3rd person for skiing and capping so my legs don't hit things and I don't land on a hill the wrong way, but if I need precision aiming while chasing or dueling I use first person.

Disci

Old man
I usually play Legions myself than let any 1st or 3rd person play it for me(what the hell that even means).

nor10

Hmm, never played Tribes or Legions, the little I did play, in anything but 1st person view. I never played on Flag, but thinking about it I could see a benefit of being 3rd person to be able to see yourself better in relation to incoming cappers when it comes to body blocking. I am not sure how anyone could mine/disc effectively in 3rd person, but again thats from my Tribes experience and may not apply here.

Regards capping, never gave it much thought. I just always did it in 1st person, however, if there is a benefit to be had by doing it in 3rd person, hell I'll have a look!! One benefit I can think of by going 3rd person is possibly having a better sense of direction on your chaser by seeing the angle of the trajectory of his chains and grenades etc.. I shall try it out...

A couple of you mentioned chaining. I am the WORST CHAINWHORE on the planet so I am very interested to know why some of you say 3rd person for chaining. Is there a benefit to this?

Can the point-of-view select be hotkeyed and potentially scripted to say switch when you switch to chain?

scUltra

First = the right way to play "FPS"
Third = idk, its kinda a cheat in my eyes :eek:
but as to how i play, first all the way. Whackin your head off a building entrence at 180m/s :mad: , missing the slope on a hill to gain speed :mad: , all because your have to guess where your character is. Thats some of the great fun you miss in 3rd ;)

Esuke-L

I see the benefits of both, Though I spend more time in 1st person, if it calls for it i'll switch to 3rd..I chain better in 3rd anyhow, though as I generally shoot long range with rockets, seeing my targets easier with 1st

Disci

Old man
I see the benefits of both, Though I spend more time in 1st person, if it calls for it i'll switch to 3rd..I chain better in 3rd anyhow, though as I generally shoot long range with rockets, seeing my targets easier with 1st

Seriously, this is not funny anymore. There are underaged people on these forums!

57thRomance

When I first started playing this game, I never knew there was a third person until a few months later. After that, I began using it a lot more for capping and such.