First look: Battlefield 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calimo

I will love this game as long as it is...
-Somewhat similar to bf2 and not bfbc... (..even though I secretly wish they would just remake battlefield 2142 *DREEAAMMS*)
- You can't side strafe run....................................................................and shoot........................................and jump.......................... while simultaneously knifing the person a football fields length away from you because you have some awful perk that allows you to defy physics.. *twitch*
-It actually takes real team-work. aka.. more strategy play than simple tactics... (shut up CoD people, you don't know what you're talking about..)
-the maps are bigger than my backyard.

AND Chi-Ro! I believe that Activision said they will be coming out with CoD games every single year. It's compared to being the madden of FPS's. I really hope Dice does an amazing job with this game. I don't want to spend another $60 on a half-made "shoot em up" game again... My quicken would get depressed.
frown.png

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
I remember when you could strafe run in BC2. xP They were pretty quick to patch that out of the game. Personally my core reasons for liking BC2 (and battlefield) over MW2/BO (and CoD) are two things:

Teamwork. Yes, you actually have to use it in BC2, you can't have one person win a game for your team no matter how good they are.

Uniqueness. It's different, new, exciting. "Oh no someones hiding behind that wall to ninja me when I run around this corner" *I proceed to blow up the wall killing the camper in the process*. "Ahhh my base is being raped! But someone managed to sneak past in another squad." *I proceed to switch to his squad, spawn, switch off (leaving room for others to spawn out of base), and go in behind the spawn campers to break their lock down.*

BC2, is the closest thing I've seen to eliminating base rape, and camping I've ever seen. I've played on 2 or 3 competitive teams in it and really enjoy every aspect of it (except "Snipers", learn2play Recon and help your team!). Me and my friends/clan (vV) actually ran the 5th most popular server in bc2 for quite some time.

Also, thoughts on ArmA 2? I've been thinking about picking it up next time it's on sale, as it also seems to be very unique and strategic.

Haptic

Fixed!

As far as them all being the same, have you even played BC2? Not comparable at all to MW2 other than they're both FPS'.
Yes, I have. I own it for my Xbox. It is extremely fun
and well done but it's just not my style of FPS. I like the Strategic FPS's but I'm more of a fan of the Run and Gun type.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
Combat Sniper is effective, when 10 teammates sit on a hill in the middle of no where and snipe, it's not. At all.

Vox

No, seriously. You could seamlessly swap between CoD:4 and this. Barely noticing the graphic change and surely wouldn't notice a gameplay change. I bet we got *drumroll* NUKES in the story of BF3 as well.
Multiplayer side BF will take the win if vehicles are there... But it appears to be console designed so I really doubt it. And remember kids! 10 more kills and you'll be M-M-MASTERSHOOTERPERSONFIRSTGRADE!

well Dice or EA said that BF3 is going to be more PC based than console based

Fixious

Test Lead
Well if there were any lingering doubts about BF3's loyalty to PC this should help:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/04/d...d-3-will-give-extra-love-to-the-pc-community/

This is like the go-t0 phrase for every company these days who make games for the PC. "Don't worry, the PC version isn't just a port." It's laughable to assume the PC version will be superior(or even good) just because the devs say so, especially when one of their points is that it'll receive DLC. If they really want to support the PC community, throw in mod tools. Don't say "it's too complicated", because there are some damn talented people out there who I'm sure could make epic shiz.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
This is like the go-t0 phrase for every company these days who make games for the PC. "Don't worry, the PC version isn't just a port." It's laughable to assume the PC version will be superior(or even good) just because the devs say so, especially when one of their points is that it'll receive DLC. If they really want to support the PC community, throw in mod tools. Don't say "it's too complicated", because there are some damn talented people out there who I'm sure could make epic shiz.

^ This. QFT

Chi-Ro

Private Tester

I agree, but it's more than a step above how things went with BC2. Not that I'm upset at all about BC2, while I wish there was onslaught (and wish all games had mod support) I still thought it was the best of the recent wave of shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.