First blood?

I

IzRaPiDz

Just thinking of cod, i think it would be good. (If your answers gunna be no care to explain)

Daphinicus

Private Tester
It might work in DM or Arena gametypes, but I'd be hesitant (though not utterly opposed) to introducing it in CTF. First Blood rewards killing your opponent; the objective in CTF isn't to kill your enemies, but to work together as a team to capture the flag (though killing is, of course, a tool used to accomplish this objective). Introducing First Blood in a gametype that isn't specifically about killing the enemy team rewards the lone ranger on said team.

At the same time, I can't see much wrong with having it in DM, and having it in one place without the other would be curious.

A2

the objective in CTF isn't to kill your enemies, but to work together as a team to capture the flag...Introducing First Blood in a gametype that isn't specifically about killing the enemy team rewards the lone ranger on said team.
Thats pretty much the only reason there that prevents the suggestion, especially in CTF. I don't mind seeing it in DM though.

Propkid

So the point that was vaguely suggested in my apparently flaming post was:
Let's not waste devs time. I wouldn't mind seeing Outriders do backflips after they grab the flag, but just like first blood it wouldn't contribute to the 'thing' that should be mostly developed in L:O and that the devs should be and are concerned about: gameplay.

skypredator

I would like to see something like this for CTF (the first flag grab and cap). If the first flag grab also yeilded the first cap without the said cappers flag being taken first, the said team would earn a bonus point.

Change thread title to "First cap", like sky said, and you would have my full support. But not a bonus flag cap point, but some personal points for the capper.
Then put it in DM (when DM is implemented, that is) and confuse new players.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Change thread title to "First cap", like sky said, and you would have my full support. But not a bonus flag cap point, but some personal points for the capper.
+1

Rewarding kills in a CTF game makes no sense. You might as well reward "first body block," at least that actually pertains to Legions.

Would like to see this stuff in Arena and TDM as stated above. Maybe we could use an announcer for all gametypes. Someone who says "Beta scored a point!" in CTF and stuff like that.

Siantlark

Would like to see this stuff in Arena and TDM as stated above. Maybe we could use an announcer for all gametypes. Someone who says "Beta scored a point!" in CTF and stuff like that.
As long as it doesn't turn into a really annoying medieval announcer that cheers for everything you do.

"YAY! YOU HAVE NOW ACTIVATED YOUR JETS!"

"YAY! YOU HAVE NOW SHOT SOMEONE!"

Although the Seymour voice would definitely be cool

LindN

also can we have stupid annoying voices with one being that quake guy, one being a woman who seems to be getting way to much pleasure out of announcing stuff and one of seymour?

that'd be...

very annoying.