Few changes I'd like to suggest.

Maxter

Until the next update, there really isn't much feedback I can provide regarding the new changes. So I just reviewed a few weapons which have been there in the game for a while and thought some of them could use a few changes.

Skybolt: I have to say, I look at this weapon like a brother to the Blaster Rifle(or it used to be, until BR got the DoT). So I was trying to figure out a way that Skybolt could have "side effect" something like Blaster's DoT.

Here's the idea; The player equipped with the Skybolt could use it normally, but more experienced players are able to implement an added effect to the usual assault. The effect being a sort of a detonation which would disable the victim's core for certain amount of time much like the EMP grenades. I suggest that the core deactivation time is higher than that of the EMP grenades to make it worthwhile to use, somewhere around 5 seconds.

For example, let's say I scored 3 consecutive shots on an enemy. At that point, for a limited time only, I'm given an option to "detonate" which results in the core deactivation of the enemy. If that time limit is crossed, you'll have to score another 3 consecutive shots to get the opportunity. In other words, you can say that the enemy is "marked" in a sense that his core can be shut off for a while if you were able to get 3 shots on him and use that detonate function in time. Now, this is no real change to the Skybolt, if you noticed but adds a sort of a support side to it. I just felt that the Skybolt could have an alternate use to it much like the BR so it's something more than just a modified Rocket Launcher, and this is what I had in mind.

Also, if you guys haven't already made a weapon model for it, I'd like to suggest trying out something like a high tech crossbow. Thought it would be a nice fit for it.

Grenade Launcher: Not to be confused with the Cluster Launcher. These past few days I was a bit annoyed at how much I see this weapon getting spammed by each and every player out there. I personally like the idea of having two types of grenade launchers, but this weapon with it's massive damage, RoF and almost linear projectile path is too overpowered in my opinion. The change that I suggest is really simple; no MAs just like the Cluster Launcher.

The reason for that is because how this weapon is usually used is when someone's chasing. It's projectiles are faster, it's RoF is faster than the CL but since their damage is the same, the Grenade Launcher seems overpowered at close range. There are plenty of other weapons people should be using to get MAs but people seem to spam this, for obvious reasons.

RL/CL hotswap: I don't know if a fix for this is in the works, but I'll just point it out anyway. Yeah, there's a whole lot of people using this glitch or whatever it is, bypassing the reload time and spamming them. Not only this but some are even using the CL in such a way that the weapon has incredible RoF and just spam with it as if we're playing in a modded server. I don't know how to do this but I've seen a lot of abuse on these two(mostly in EU servers), and they need to be taken care of.

Plasma: Sort of a DoT on the enemy but for energy. Could become overpowered if the implementation is not right. But I can understand if you guys don't even want to consider making any changes to it and just keep it the way it is now. Just wanted to suggest this anyway since it kinda looks like the Plasma isn't getting much attention these days.

That's about it. Do let me know what you guys think.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
1. Me and Piggeh suggested an EMP effect in private test. I'm guessing devs didn't like this idea because they never responded to the idea. I have another idea for this weapon anyway.
2. The Arc for this weapon was changed a year ago. Generally I seriously don't have a problem with it. I don't think we should penalise people for being too good with the weapon so much so that they can't hit MAs with it anymore. Personally I struggle hitting mid airs with it so I really don't think this is much of a problem.
3. Yes, I informed the devs of this months ago. Good job you brought it up, obviously it hasn't been fixed.
4. I think the Plasma is totally fine where it is right now. Again I have another idea for this.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Skybolt EMP effect: I've always liked this idea, although I prefer it acting more as an 'interrupt'-style attack. Basically a hit with the Skybolt will cancel an active OD effect for 1 second, or if there is no active OD effect, the OD cannot be activated for 1 second. While I'm not a fan of a 'detonation' option (I find it kinda confusing and not sure how you'd convey the mechanic ingame), I do like the idea of consecutive shots being rewarded. Say, each hit with the Skybolt on the same enemy within a small time frame increases the EMP effect, to where it's on par with a EMP nades' effect.

Grenade Launcher: I don't really have a problem with MAs nade hits, but perhaps a 'fuse delay' on MA would lessen the spam effectiveness of the weapon. Basically, the projectile would need to have traveled a specific distance before it will cause full damage on the target, this way it still rewards medium to long distance MAs, but those spammy close range MAs won't pack as much of a wallop.

RL/CL hotswap: I don't think Poponfu would keep this in, and is probably more of an issue of 'bigger fish to fry' when it comes to things to fix with Legions. I'll prod him later to see if that's the case.

Plasma: Yar, not sure the Plasma even needs a DoT effect to it, it's pretty decent as is.

OBLIVION

These are good ideas but in my opinion I struggle with hitting MA's with the grenade launcher too, if I ever get a hit its luck and I mostly use it for boosts, (since I'm mostly a chaser) its better than the rocket launcher when your boosting. I wouldn't mind a change to it but for now I like the way it is :) . for the rl/cl its getting annoying now, I used to see a couple people do it back in the day but I haven't seen it been done now but since you've seen it, then I guess its still here

tree

The grenade launcher is fine I think, and if you can spam midairs with grenades then you got skills. *pullute*

Maxter

Skybolt EMP effect: I've always liked this idea, although I prefer it acting more as an 'interrupt'-style attack. Basically a hit with the Skybolt will cancel an active OD effect for 1 second, or if there is no active OD effect, the OD cannot be activated for 1 second. While I'm not a fan of a 'detonation' option (I find it kinda confusing and not sure how you'd convey the mechanic ingame), I do like the idea of consecutive shots being rewarded. Say, each hit with the Skybolt on the same enemy within a small time frame increases the EMP effect, to where it's on par with a EMP nades' effect.

Grenade Launcher: I don't really have a problem with MAs nade hits, but perhaps a 'fuse delay' on MA would lessen the spam effectiveness of the weapon. Basically, the projectile would need to have traveled a specific distance before it will cause full damage on the target, this way it still rewards medium to long distance MAs, but those spammy close range MAs won't pack as much of a wallop.

RL/CL hotswap: I don't think Poponfu would keep this in, and is probably more of an issue of 'bigger fish to fry' when it comes to things to fix with Legions. I'll prod him later to see if that's the case.

Plasma: Yar, not sure the Plasma even needs a DoT effect to it, it's pretty decent as is.

I actually considered a sort of a paralyzing effect for each shot, for the Skybolt, but then I consulted JC(who's pretty decent with the weapon itself) and found out that such "per shot" mechanic for the Skybolt could be abusive. That's why I thought of a 3-shot shutdown type mechanic because of which the EMP effect will last much longer compared to the EMP grenades, as a reward. You can think of this mechanic similar to sticky mines which you could detonate once you have enough of them on the player to deal the damage. It's just that with the Skybolt , there are no mines or such. All you need to do get the three shots(count down timer for the detonation will begin the moment you get your first hit on the enemy), and immediately press the detonate to shut his core down, maybe even 30% energy drain effect too.

About the Grenade Launcher. I like your idea of increased damage with distance. It's just that, at a certain range, it simply ceases to work like a Grenade Launcher as the projectile path is almost linear. Take the Cluster Launcher for example; I just love it, because you can't get MAs with it under a certain distance, so you adapt to keeping to a minimum mid-range from your enemy if the CL is your main weapon like it is for me. But as I said, I think your idea is great and should be implemented.

RL/CL glitch: I totally understand. I just came out of Legions after playing against somebody who was using that, so I was a bit irritated.

Plasma: Fair enough. I personally couldn't think anything decent regarding the weapon anyway.

@*Fireblasto* Would like to hear your ideas you mentioned.

tree

Er max, played legions today and did a 13m midair with cluster.. unless your certain distance is 10m of course. ;p

Maxter

Yeah, I think it's 10m. For the Grenade Launcher though, at a distance of >15m, you don't even need to aim, just hold down that Left Mouse.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
I am all for changes, but imo the RL, CG and GL are totally balanced. Maybe a slightly longer reload time on the GL? But if it's not broken, don't fix it.

Reactions: Vox

Maxter

I wouldn't call it broken Jordan, just way too spammable. I actually like the idea of having such a variant of the Grenade Launcher which is especially good at long range. As Seymour suggested, The close range MAs could use a nerf of some sort while keeping the knockback effect the same.

In any case, whatever we do, I think we should definitely try out the 3-shot core shutdown detonation for the Skybolt.