Fallen Empire (More Music)

tman2010001

Hi everyone. I decided to work on some tracks for Legions' menu. The music we have now is good, but personally I need something more. I have been playing Legions for a while and I want to hear something more that expresses more of what this game is about, how it feels, what it is like, and everything. I want music that is an expression of our experiences playing it. What it means to us. What it is.

My idea is to create 3 or 4 tracks for the menu that have different themes to them to reflect different aspects of Legions. The first one I am currently working on will reflect a true legionnaire. When you hear it, my fellow vets and players who just love legions, this is you. I think about guys who have been here since the beginning when it all started, i think about the developers and their vision for Legions. This is what I envision as I make this track.I think about the relative noobs like me (only been playing for a year or 2) who look up to the old vets, the very very skilled players, and think about how they are inspired by you to play better.... This is what I am trying to capture with this track. A feeling like that, or a story pictured that way. This is only the 1st edit of this track. Tell me what you guys think. If you don't like it then that is fine. I am hoping to just have this for myself and a few others that may be interested in it.

I am only posting here because some of you may be interested in it. Here's what I have so far.
SN: I am temporarily using a limited DAW. So work with me here.

Final:
https://soundcloud.com/the-strong-2/the-true-legionnaire-final

And here is another track. This one could be for the menu as well, sort of a menu soundtrack type deal I guess:https://soundcloud.com/the-strong-2/fallen-empire

Last edited:

tman2010001

Hi guys. Here's another track for Legions and games/movies/whatever in general. This started out as something specifically for legions but it just morphed into something else. The way I see it fitting Legions now is a theme for an empire which has fallen. So I named it Fallen Empire. I may change it tho. The name isn't official.

I hope you guys enjoy!
Oh and you may want to listen to this one with good headphones or a surround sound system. Got some panning goin on.
Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/the-strong-2/fallen-empire-name-undecided

Tavaris Strong

Last edited:

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
On both tracks I feel like I am being overwhelmed by the bass and I can barely hear the slight melodies on either track. Turn up the volume for the melodies that you want to convey.

In addition, I feel like you would enjoy Moby's album "Destoryed" which contains some similar dark elements to it at points. Also check out the other side of his "Play" album.

EDIT: Noveria is good too, ME1-ME2 music is good in places.

tman2010001

Thanks *Fireblasto*. I did a critical listening last night and I agree. I'm going to tweak it today.
And please keep in mind that right now I am limited as far as what kind of DAW I am using. I can only do so much, but I will still try to tweak it to a point where you can hear the melodies more. I noticed that last night. I'm also going to fix the problem at the end with the fade.

Last edited: