Extended Hotswap Downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be sufficient coverage from Element Town servers in California, trinium hosting servers in Texas, and I'll turn the New Jersey server into a public one - that's more than enough coverage for US. I'll continue to host the German servers which are central enough for all European players.

We've got a small community, with not enough people to justify the amount we've been spending on Hotswap. There's simply no need for us to run every possible server type when very few players actually use them, so I'm probably going to scale down the amount of servers we run.

I've closed the donations page for now, until it's clear what servers we're running.

It seems that you're dancing around a bit. I hope you could clarify something for me and the rest of the community that thinks Hotswap is down because of some issues with the ISP. Is Hotswap still going to be hosted? Or did you shut it down?

GReaper

Grumpy
Let's do the short version for those who can't follow the posts in this thread:
  • Hotswap was down for 3 days because our provider null routed our IP for no reason.
  • It's back up, game servers are currently running.
  • We aren't happy with our provider, and given that there aren't enough users to support the funding for the server, that the released server is allowing other people to run servers, Hotswap will be going soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.