Extended Hotswap Downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belberith

Legions Developer
NOO..... :( It's all right though. On a slightly related side note, do you know why all of the other live servers are rejecting authentication?

GReaper

Grumpy
Looks like Hotswap is back, after our host finally figured out that rebooting the server or trying to reinstall it isn't going to solve a problem when the IP of the server is null routed.

I'm not happy with this entire support fiasco, so whilst Hotswap is up for now - I'm currently looking into alternative options. We no longer need as many game servers as we did before, and players can host their own for the server types which aren't as popular.

Yesterday we also experienced some unexpected problems with the German server, resulting in forum downtime and pretty much everything else which we host disappearing. Restarting all game servers has now fixed this.

Looks like this is the server week from hell for me, hopefully things can now get better from today!

anak

VIP
Could AWS EC2 instances serve as gameservers? I know nothing about servers - I just use ec2 for seedboxes - but the interface is really easy to use, and it's amazon so you won't have trouble with their support team :p

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Looks like Hotswap is back
DwightFistPump.gif

thefulishbastid

Dunno if this is the rite place to post this.
I've seen the idea for donations spring up in a couple of threads this week, so does L:O have a PayPal account we could donate to?
Not that I can afford to rite now but I'm sure some of you guys are in the money, and would certainly like to help in the future. You know, after my lottery winnings come in.

D

Doom Of Neroflame

Dunno if this is the rite place to post this.
I've seen the idea for donations spring up in a couple of threads this week, so does L:O have a PayPal account we could donate to?
Not that I can afford to rite now but I'm sure some of you guys are in the money, and would certainly like to help in the future. You know, after my lottery winnings come in.
at the top between irc and my account

GReaper

Grumpy
We've got a small community, with not enough people to justify the amount we've been spending on Hotswap. There's simply no need for us to run every possible server type when very few players actually use them, so I'm probably going to scale down the amount of servers we run.

I've closed the donations page for now, until it's clear what servers we're running.

k e v i n

Private Tester
Wouldn't it be better if you still collected donations and just saved them until you figure out what servers to use the money for, and when you do decide what servers your keeping, then just use some of that money right away on those servers?

GReaper

Grumpy
For us to collect donations, only to say that we're killing off the server that's funded by the donations wouldn't be very fair - would it? It's time for us to let other players host servers, and scale down our own servers.

There should be sufficient coverage from Element Town servers in California, trinium hosting servers in Texas, and I'll turn the New Jersey server into a public one - that's more than enough coverage for US. I'll continue to host the German servers which are central enough for all European players.

Status
Not open for further replies.